Chapter 10

On Saturday, Can and Sanem went back to the department store, Can was overwhelmed with all the items a baby might need but like Sanem he went straight to the toys, he found a beautiful rag doll and no matter had much Sanem said they didn't need that, he wouldn't put it down.

The salesclerk gave them a list of items they would need for the baby, and they finally got to work on the list. There was so much stuff in their basket that Can lost Sanem in the mix of it all.

Can stood behind her as they started to check out, when Sanem heard voices she wished she want to hear on such a perfect day.

"Can, what are you doing here?" she heard, apparently no one could see her because of Can and all the baby stuff.

"Huma, Polen!" Can said with a question in his voice, as he turned to the two women.  Sanem stiffened but he reached back and placed a hand on her hip. She smiled, this just might be fun.

"Can." she heard Polen say and she felt Can move back.

"Stop, Polen, Your kiss or even a hug are not welcomed. I am married but you seem to forget that, thanks to Huma."

"Oh, Can, we can still be friends." she said as she looked around "Are you buying someone a baby gift?  Is Leyla pregnant? Polen turned to look at Huma.

"Evet, I am buying items for a baby and Evet, Leyla is pregnant is not pregnant again."

"Then you are buying birthday gifts?" she asked confused.

"No, Leyla's baby is too old for these items." He said as he grabbed Sanem's hand and pulled her forward, she giggled like a school girl at the looks on Polen and Huma's faces. "These things are for our child."

"Can, you got that mahalla girl pregnant!" Huma said loudly.

"No, I got my wife pregnant. Now if you will excuse us, we are busy." and he turned his back on them.

"Can"

"Stop Polen, I told you a long time ago, you and I  were done, that we couldn't even be friends so please, do yourself a favor and stop listening to Huma." He turned his back on the two women, grabbed the rag doll and made it dance for his wife. Sanem was smiling the whole time. 

After they paid for their items, Can had asked if everything except the doll could be delivered to their home and they scheduled a date for delivery.

Sanem laughed as Can would not let go of the doll, he carried it like a baby and by the look on all the women's faces they walked past, it made him even more attractive.

"Can, I am going to have to punch some women out if you keep holding onto that doll." Unaware, he looked down at her with a frown and then looked up at all the women  who were staring at him. She laughed at his confusion and walked on.

"Can, I am hungry." she said and walked toward the truck.