Chapter 9: Someone Said That I'm in a Relationship

The complete silence on their ride back was actually Xia Lin's response to Xue Zenan's earlier attempt at explaining.

Xia Lin had always had a gentle and weak personality, but now, he resolutely kept his distance and didn't give him any face.

The World Is My Canvas: Look at you acting like a favored concubine!

Xia Lin Ain't Lin Xia: Scram! Giving him hope is just putting myself on the path of destruction!

Nymphos Are All Morons: Sigh, another alpha suffering from unrequited love. The scriptwriter and the heartbroken viewers are shedding tears.

Xia Lin is not Lin Xia: The male lead alpha Xue and the random female lead omega. Indeed, great works will go down in history. Zhang Tianke you bastard, still not coming out to confess?

The World Is My Canvas: Shouldn't you ask that to yourself?

"Is it Keji 3rd Road?"

Xia Lin, who was so engrossed in chatting, was startled by Xue Zenan's question and raised his head. Upon looking outside the car window, he saw a familiar street. He takes the bus from this bus stop in front of him every day to go to work.

"Stop stop stop!" he yelled. He almost started slapping the window. Fortunately, he still remembered that the driver beside him was his immediate superior. "Chief Xue, I'll get off here!"

Xue Zenan slowly drove the car to the side of the road and said, "I can walk you to your door."

"Ah?" His baffling confession had completely destroyed Xia Lin's reverence towards him. How could Xia Lin just allow him to come? He was already itching to show this alpha some attitude so that he would give him a break. Where could he find the strength to speak to him with politeness and respect?

He said, "Forget it. I can get back home faster if I pass through this alley here. Besides, your car won't be able to reach my building. Goodbye!"

Xia Lin got out of the car and shut the door before running away as fast as he could. He didn't want to stay there any longer.

He wanted to find Zhang Tianke to settle accounts with him, and he also needed to write his application for transfer. In short, Xia Lin was very busy and had no time to play love games with the chief.

The HR department was busy as always. A short interview was conducted in the office, as Xia Lin directly approached Selena to hand in his application for transfer.

The Sister Yu, whose nails have been painted blood red for a long time, held onto his application with a frown. "Xia Lin, what's wrong with you? Do you know just how many people in the company envy your good luck?"

(T/N: Sister Yu – referring to a pretty woman)

In the entire Chengxi branch, Xia Lin's life was the best. First of all, Kai En was gentle, considerate and handsome. If these merits didn't excite you, then the "absolutely no overtime" was enough to make all the employees in the company go crazy.

In the capital market, alphas who can accomplish their tasks without having to work overtime were practically the male leads of the entire world.

And Xia Lin was not only the assistant of one such male lead, but also had a brief relationship with him, filled with romantic memories and infinite rumors. How many depraved CP fans, who believed that alpha-alpha pairings were true love, started believing in love again?

Although they expressed grief over Kai En's two-timing, that didn't matter. Xue Zenan's appearance on the stage was basically a PK towards his predecessor. How many people kept their eyes peeled for the incoming blood-filled gossip? But now one of the main stars wanted to leave?