"Listen Eric I..I...I can explain this ok?" He mumbled as he took a step back and held his arms up.

"Go on" the beta seethed. They heard another a noise from Avy but none of them dared to enter. The reason was that a female wolf was on heat and it tends to tempt any male to mate. They were the protector of their Luna. And they can not risk entering.

Brittany stood outside the door her hands reached out to the door knob but she did not twist it. She just couldn't do. 

Seeing a female in heat scared her. She had a past a nasty past of seeing female on heat. She even dared the day she might get heat.

 Her eyes moisten, her heart raced as she recalled that unforgettable memory.

"Bri.." Eric's voice sounded distant. He had sensed her racing heart and told Tylor to handle Zander as he called her name. His heart broke as he saw tears in her eyes she shifted her head to the source of the voice. 

Eric slowly approached  his mate who stood there frozen.

He reached out for her hand that had grabbed the knob as the smell of a female in heat caught his nostrils. He ignored it as for what mattered was her only her. His mate.

"Bri" he said again. She seemed distant and far away in her thoughts as tears rolled down her eyes her hands were shaking a bit and felt cold under his grip he focused on her uneven racing heart yet he could not come up with a reason for all this commotion.

He stepped a bit more closer to her and gently encircled his hands around her. She sobbed on his chest as he stroked her back. This was new to him. This side of his mate was new to him.

The Brittany he had known so far was a hot-tempered, stubborn and fearless.

"She will be fine baby, I promise" he tried to reassure her. As he continued to stroke her back.

The memory was still fresh in Brittany's mind as she stood in front of Avy's door. Last night Eric had held closely there and tried to calm her down. He had no idea of the reason for her to freak out yet he did his best. That alone made red creep up to her face.

She is no longer denying the fact that she likes the beta. In fact she has completely fallen for her beta mate.

She took a deep calming breath before she opened the door.

Avy was still laying on her bed drifting off in her thoughts to notice her. Brittany walked towards her and snapped her fingers in front of her.

"Hello! How are you feeling" she asked when Avy saw her. She just shrugged in response. Brittany took out the key from her pocket and uncuffed her.

She got the key from Zander this morning when he woke up. Avy sat on her bed and gave a small smile to her friend.

"Avy are you alright?" Brittany tried again she knew that smile she receives from her. It always means that something deep is bothering her.

"I don't know anymore Bri" hearing those words hurt her as she saw tears rolling down from Avy's eyes. As on instinct she hugged her close letting her cry.

"Why did he do that?" Avy questioned in between. "Why did he....he cuff me...and leave...does he reject me...... or.... or he .. he loves someone else?"

At this point Brittany wanted to tell her how wrong she was but she remained silent. She had to let her sob and take things out first. Vent her anger out first.

After a while Avy quietened as Brittany let her go. Her shirt was soaked with tears yet she cared less. Pulling a chair closer to the bed she sat down and held Avy's hand.

"Avy you have fell for him right?" That question had caught her off guard. It was true that she has hated him for all her life and does not trust him. Yet she can not deny that she indeed liked him deep down. Even in the past she did like him till reality shook her and made her loathe him.

"No... no I don't like him .... it.. it is t-the mate pull" she smattered.

'The pull which makes him ours and us his' Izzy snickered she was also angry at her mate to leave but she is one crazy wolf when it comes to her mate.

Avy didn't bother to reply as she shoved Izzy at the back of her head.

"Well if you will lie then I suppose you don't want to hear what exactly happen when Alpha Zander leave this room" Brittany asked mischievously. She knew it when Avy lied and also knew how to make her admit the truth.

Avy often wondered why she was chosen as the beta female when she could have been the Luna.

 A Luna who is better then what she was.

"I.. mate.. just tell me please" Avy yelled in frustration her face reassembled that of a tomato as she glared her.

Brittany smirked in victory as she told her the events of yesterday. Not missing out the point where Zander had ordered a sedative with a small quantity of wolfsbane that will keep him and his wolf to suppress the urge of mating.

"I think he sincerely loves you Avy and he regrets ever hurting you. You should let him in" Brittany said at last.

A sign left her body. Here she was thinking of scenarios where he was hurting her when he was actually trying not to.

She was falling for him Indeed but certain uncertainty still lingered in her thoughts. Shoving the thoughts away she focused on the main obstacle. The former alpha.