Zhandra shakes her head. "Amm. The page isn't turning," Her fingers hover over the book. A naughty smile touches her lips. She pokes the center of the page gently. 

 "Heyyyyy!" The book yelps; a second later, Aristotle's face replaces the words. "That's cheating, my lovelies." He states, trying to sound stern, but Zhandra catches the hint of amusement underlying it. She crosses her hand over her chest. "Aristotle, something tells me that you are hiding something from us."

Aristotle blinks innocently. "I have no idea what you are talking about."

"You are allowed to help us, aren't you?" Zhandra accuses. 

 "Ah! You caught me there, child." He beams, looking proud. "I can help in a minor capacity."

 "Then tell us what to do next." Zhandra urges.

 "Alright. Since you figured out most of it, I will guide you through the rest. In this task, you need to offer your most beloved object to the book." He replies solemnly. 

 A look of understanding crosses the girl's features. Her brows knit. 

 "What will happen..." Alex starts to ask, but Zhandra interrupts. "We will lose it forever, won't we?" She demands, and Aristotle nods. 

 Alex pouts; his eyes land on the stuffed rabbit propped up against the baby-blue pillow on his bed. The stuffed toy has a large head, round golden eyes, and large grey ears. "Zhan?"

 Zhandra smiles and holds her brother's hand in hers. Then, looking at Aristotle, she asks, "Do both of us have to do it? Can't I do it alone?"

 Aristotle's brows knit. "Since both of you took the oath, it expects two things of value. Wait, let me check." Aristotle's face disappears only to appear a second later. "I am sorry, child. But both of your resolves need to be tested."

 "Can't he be freed from the oath?" Zhandra asks hopefully; Aristotle shakes his head. "I am afraid not, little lady."

 Zhandra turns to her brother to find his lower lip quivering. She pulls him in her arms. "Alex, I know you love Bighead a lot. But we made a promise to help Gabe, right?"

 The boy nods into the nape of his sister's neck. "What does daddy always say about promises?"

"We should never break our promise," Alex replies in a small voice. 

Zhandra nods. "Exactly. Now is the time to practice what daddy has taught us."

 Alex nods again. Gentle tremors rock his tiny frame. "Alex, you want to help Gabe, don't you?" Zhandra asks, leaning away and wiping the latter's tears. "This is your chance. When Gabe returns home and tells mommy about how we helped him, she will be so happy." 

 At the mention of his mother, the boy stops crying. "Will angels will be happy too." He asks, and the older smiles encouragingly. "Of course."

 "Fine," Alex mutters and goes to retrieve Bighead. Meanwhile, Zhandra goes to her wardrobe when Gabe is lying motionless. She smiles at the tiny celestial being through her tears before pulling out a small metallic box hidden behind a stack of storybooks.

With the item clutched tightly to her chest, she returns to the bed and puts it next to the stuffed rabbit.

"What is that?" The book questions.

"Zhan's treasure box!" Alex picks it up to inspect it. It was one of the only things Zhandra had never let Alex touch. She was afraid that he might damage its contents. He runs his fingers over its frame and looks at his sister wide-eyed before placing it back on the bed. "Sorry, Zhan. I didn't mean to touch it."