xxx.

Luna's POV

"Luna Saito of Canada has earned a free skate score of  154.67, putting her in first place."

Great. I'm way below my season's and personal best. Curse this weak heart and stamina of mine. As soon as the scores were announced, I put on a small smile to hide my disappointment. I immediately turn to my uncle beside me and mouthed a sincere sorry. And right after that, I stood up and turned back to my team behind me.

"Guys I'm so sorry. Its my fault. I messed up two of the jumps. I have no excuse, honestly." I say apologetically as I bow slightly.

"Oh stop it Luna. You did so good out there! Sure it wasn't your best but it was still amazing." Tessa said, reaching out before giving me a small side hug.

"She's right. I just know you'll blow us all off at the singles event. I'll still put up a fight though." Katelyn followed while she held my hand. 

"Besides, we're still in the lead by a lot of points. And we'll skate in a bit so don't you worry. Mwahahaha!" Scott said mimicking an evil laugh to which Tessa just punched his arm.

"You idiot don't say that or you'll jinx it!" Tessa huffed in annoyance. 

"But anyway, like Scott said, you have to stop worrying too much, Luna. We're a team so don't burden yourself. There's no blaming each other here." Patrick continued as he gave me a look of reassurance. I flashed him a look of gratitude. 

"Thank you guys, really. I just feel really bad..." I say to them but I still exhale deeply, not even bothering on hiding my disappointment. I took a step back when I suddenly feel an excruciating pain from my right knee which made me drop on the floor, sitting. 

Unconsciously, I grab my knee as tears start to well up in my eyes. On cue, everything was muted. It was like I was underwater. I clench my eyes tightly as I continue to sob quietly. From the pain? Yes. But mostly from the anxiety and disappointment that I know I could've done better. And now I feel nothing else but complete and utter fear that I may not even be able to compete in the singles event because of this sudden injury when this is the last one and only chance I have. 

With my eyes still tightly closed, I could only hear my uncle shout, "MEDIC! Luna, Luna. Hey. Are you okay?!" I only whimper in response.

And though I want to open my eyes, I'm afraid to see how the others are reacting to this scene unfolding right before their eyes. In national television. 

Suddenly, I hear a familiar voice shout in Japanese, "Move away please!"

I feel myself being lifted off of the ground and carried, I lean my head towards the familiar warmth of the man carrying me.

"You always save me, don't you?" I whisper, my eyes still closed.

"I guess. Keep your eyes closed if you're scared. I'll tell you when you can open them okay?" He whispered back while I could feel his chest vibrate as he talked.

I could only hum in response. He continued to whisper, "You did great hime. I'm proud of you. So don't feel bad. I know you're feeling that way. Don't beat yourself up. Even your teammates told you so." 

My heart clenched at his words. He always knows what to say. He's already memorized me like an open book. I could only hum again in reply as tears slowly fall from my eyes once again, making me snuggle closer to Yuzu's chest. 

After a few seconds, I could feel the atmosphere become a bit calmer, meaning we were already somewhere backstage away from the rink. "You can open your eyes now, hime."