HIDDEN AGENDA| 28

Start from the beginning

The mayor continues, "first, I would like to congratulate you on your new union. I heard that you have found your mate. You must be overjoyed."

I figured this was a good time to test what information mayor Johnson knew. Given that the mayor knows I found my mate, the mayor might know about Lilly and Joshua too.

"Thank you, mayor. Yes, I am quite happy right now. You might know her. Her name is Lilly, and she is from Valley Forbes," I answer.

The mayor is silent for a few seconds.

He cautiously says, "indeed, I heard. A human, correct? I can't lie. I was shocked, but I don't pertain to claim to know everything about your species."

"It came to a surprise to me as well. It is unheard of to be mated to a human. Nevertheless, this is a special case scenario...it turns out my mate has been matched up with another alpha as well," I hesitantly say.

I can tell I took the major by surprise. His very sudden but brief pause as we walk indicated as such. 

"Two mates?... I see. I'm not going to lie and say I understand. However, if it comes from you, then I know it is true... Is this the reasoning behind the increase movement I've been seeing coming from the big green?"

So, the mayor has noticed Joshua's pack.

There is nothing left but to be transparent with him. I trust mayor Johnson.

I answer, "Yes, mayor. My mate will unify two packs, mine, and the Blue Moon Pack. I wish Alpha Joshua was here so that I can introduce him to you. They will be residing in our territory from now on. I had hope to set a meeting with all three of us when things were official, after the unification ceremony."

Mayor Johnson stops walking and looks at me. I can tell the mayor is taken back a bit.

The mayor speaks, "Alpha Ethan, I trust you and your pack. In the hundreds of years, you guys have resided in the big green, we have never had any problems; I and my predecessors can attest to you all's willingness to co-live with us peacefully..."

The mayor pauses. I can sense hesitation from his part. There is nothing I wish more than for him to be clearer right now.

I interrupt, "please, mayor feel free to speak with no worries."

The mayor nods his head, continuing, "I had noticed that there was an increase in movement in your territory. Now, I know why. There is more wolfs in your territory along with another alpha. The purpose of this meeting was to question you over the implications this can have on Valley Forbes....lately there has been a group of individuals coming to Valley Forbes, they seem to be causing quite a ruckus with the community people. I had never seen them before, and I know you run a tight ship. I wanted to have this meeting to bring this to your attention, but I feel like something else should be discussed."

I clench my jaw at the sudden irritation I begin to feel. Joshua's pack already started to cause trouble. Does Joshua know? Is he allowing this behavior?

I will make sure to run this by Joshua. I will NOT have Joshua's pack destroy the relationship my ancestors and I have worked so hard to maintain to live peacefully.

I reply, "I apologize for any misbehavior. Rest assure that I will address this issue, and this will never happen again. Also, any financial burdens they may have caused, I will cover. "

"I expected nothing less than this from you Alpha Ethan. I knew you were unaware. My worry is whether this new pack can be trusted along with their alpha. I trust you. If you tell me this was a onetime occurrence, I will believe you.... I just need reassurance that my people will remain safe. I respect our relationship, but I will not allow my people to become siting targets. If I must, I will respond with force. Do you understand," the mayor somewhat threatens.