Ezra squeezed my hand comforingly and I smiled at him before staring back at the camera. "Luckily for me, I'm a fictional character, living in an online universe! While some of my story involves some facts of reality, I have to admit that author's kept us pretty safe here. But there's no one to protect other asians on your side of the world by rewriting their fate into fairytales with happy endings. So you must protect one another!"

"Community is very important," mom cut in with a firm nod. "I talk to my neighbours and we are like a big family. We must look out for each other and our children. Some of the older folk must be scared to go outside, so if you can cook or bring groceries until things become safer again. Hot pot is good. If you chop up potatoes and onions and meat and cook it in a broth it'll-"

"Mom, I'll drop your recipe at the end," I interrupted her because the woman could go on about cooking for days. I patted her hand and she glared at me, but resigned her hot pot instructions and smoothed down her short bob of hair. "Dad, do you have anything to add?"

My mostly quiet father nodded, shifting where he sat. I felt my heart warm as he opened his mouth and began to speak freely. "We are all humans, we share the planet and although it is over crowded, we do our best to get along well with one another. Hatred is not good for the soul. Neither is anger nor hostility. Most of us are just trying to live and survive in this demanding world. Be kind to us, be kind to yourselves. It doesn't matter where you're from or what you look like, we must live as a harmonious society."

"Yup," I nodded in agreement. "So right now, we're asking you to donate to organisations put in place who are striving to protect vulnerable asians in targeted communities. Support activist groups and encourage change not just on social media but through your daily lives as well. And if you can, check up on family and friends, Asian or not. Ezra?"

"Evan and I are pretty disheartened. As white men with Asian and Black partners, racial tension is like a hovering thunder cloud and it shouldn't have to be this way. I shouldn't have to worry if my partner is going to make it home okay, or feel ashamed for the actions of others who look like me but don't think like me. And Jae shouldn't have to worry about misunderstandings or cultural differences between us. In an ideal world, racism, discrimination and hate crimes don't exist, but they do. All I can say is that we all have a collective responsibility to fight for change. Replace the thunder cloud with sunshine, if you will."

Ezra paused and looked down at me. I smiled gratefully, puckering my mouth for a quick kiss. His lips were soft against mine and even the brief contact made my heart flutter.

"Thank god there's no pandemic here, but over in your world there is. For businesses that remain open, a little advice for business owners would be to offer support services for your asian employees, let them know you're there and will support them. Don't take accusations or disputes lightly and ensure everyone is following workplace equality and moral codes of conduct. If you have gross profit to spare, donate as well. Not only does it support communities in need but, philanthropy will set your business aside as a safe place from the rest." Ezra added, letting his sexy, smart, CEO brain out to play.

"Ollie, any last words?" I held out an imaginary microphone in front of Ollie's pink face. He didn't move an inch. So, I relayed his message for him. "He says he hopes the nasty motherfuckers committing these crimes rot in hell and eat shit out their own assholes for the rest of their after lives!"

SMACK!

I laughed unapologetically, rolling away from my mother who's palm connected with the back of my head. She let out a horrified gasp at my language but I shrugged it off, struggling to my feet. It had to be said. Ezra held in a snort, covering it up with a cough. My father didn't even hold back his own sinister smile. "Anything else to say?!"

"Visit South Korea, we're moving soon, we might see you there," mom smiled, flashing teeth, waving enthusiastically at the camera like a tourism sales associate. "Oh, and study hard so you can take care of your parents. Always be good to your parents. Oh, and I don't know who this author person Jae keeps talking about is, but be kind to her too!"

"Eat well. Be hard working and always a good person." My dad nodded before standing and pushing his glasses back up his nose. "Honey, did you see where I put my beer?"

They both disappeared, standing from the couch and leaving for the kitchen as they squabled among themselves like older couples often did.

"Author's gonna drop some links so go check them out! Then, she'll start telling the rest of our story!" I beamed, clapping my hands and settling beside Ezra again. "It'll get pretty saucy soon enough. I bet you lot live for drama!"

Ezra looked a little skeptical as he peered between me and the camera. "I-I dont think it's necessary to tell everything. I mean, love stories are supposed to be private, right?"

"Nuh-uh, we're exposed! By the way," I leaned in close, smirking at the flustered way his cheeks went pink. "They totally know everything, even what happens in the bedroom. While my performance was of course godly and my naked body greatly appreciated, apparently they have a thing for you being a bottom. Not that I blame them, you're cute as fuck."

Ezra cleared his throat, his bright green eyes flashing with embarrassment and a hint of lust. He shifted Ollie off his lap, cradling him to his chest and standing. "I-I'm gonna go, uh, put Ollie in the spare bedroom. Author, please stop exposing our sex life, I can sue you for that." Then he was gone and I was giggling evily. Too bad we were at mom and dad's and not at home where I could ravage him.

"Okay, bye-bye, take care everyone! Your fave character is checking out!" I winked before crawling over to the camera and clicking off the recording. Message conveyed!

-▪︎¤■¤▪︎-

https://www.gofundme.com/c/act/stop-aapi-hate

https://secure.donationpay.org/aajc/

https://www.napawf.org/donate

https://www.asianmhc.org/about-us/#support-us

A/N: These are just a few of so many websites and fundraisers. Make sure to do your own research and donate to your own local communities if you can. Make sure to check the security and legitimacy of links and people asking for donations. Please prioritise those who are suffering and in need of medical care as well as the families affected by the fatal spar shootings in Atlanta.

❤🧡💛💚💙💜🖤
✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿

-▪︎¤■¤▪︎-