Chapter 4 The Dragon awakes the Tiger

Start from the beginning

He stood up and leaned over from his desk.

Zhutong: Tell me, how is this going to benefit us!?

Y/N: I can't just leave them there, I don't want them to fall prey to slavery or bandits!

General Zhutong paused and looked more closely at me.

Zhutong: Bandits? Slavery? Am I hearing this correctly?

Y/N: Yes, you did. Adonis and I rescued one from captivity and killed 2 bandits that attacked us. The liberated slave is currently at the hospital with Chynna.

He sat back down and sighed loudly.

Zhutong: That aside, your choice to take them in, seems to be the right choice for you, but I'm not sure how the higher-ups will react to this. Most likely, they will not accept this.

Y/N: If they start anything, summon me there. After all, I am known as the "Crazy Ox" back home.

Zhutong: Of course, the way you recklessly charged at the enemy with only a sword. Before you leave, get some information from the refugees. Anything from names to their knowledge of the nations of this area. Keep in mind this is not an interrogation, and you're now responsible for the welfare of the refugees until we find another person suitable for that position.

Y/N: Yes sir. Before I forget, we need to hire some Latin tutors from either Italy or Greece. I can't keep relying on Adonis for a translation.He nodded and took out a pen proceeding to write a letter.

Zhutong: I'll relay this to the Generalissimo. Reinforcements have arrived with more supplies, behave yourself. You're dismissed.

I quickly left the headquarters to see my friends waiting for me.

Wei: So what happened? Did the old man chew you out?

Y/N: Everything went smoothly. Though at first, he was going to chew me out, after some explaining, he seemed to understand. Round up the survivors, orders are to obtain any intel of this world. Where's Chynna?

Shen: I hear it's much worse if it's Du Yuming or Hu Zongnan. Those two don't take insubordination well. And Chynna is at the field hospital treating that girl you rescued.

1 hour later

Since most of the survivors are children, we didn't gain much valuable intel other than their names. Rory is an apostle of Emory, whatever that is, Adonis constantly referred to her as a Grim Reaper. Luckily, an elderly man who is a "sage" named "Cato El Altestan'', and his apprentice "Lelei La Lalena'' possess knowledge about the nations of this world separated into kingdoms. However, the most powerful one is the Saderan Empire with the other kingdoms being vassal kingdoms similar to autonomous states. The Saderan Empire is ruled by an emperor with a senate similar to the Roman Empire, but the vassal states are ruled by people similar to warlords. The names of these leaders are still unknown. Not much intel, but valuable nonetheless. So many terms that even Adonis doesn't understand well or cannot explain to me.

Y/N: Let's help the engineers build homes for them. Get a shovel and sandbags.The engineers sure do work fast. By the time we arrived, engineers already set up a fence and tents, now all we need to do is build a guard post and fortifications.

20 minutes later

The fenced area is supported by sandbags and an NRA MP is already assigned to the guard post. Now is the time I've been waiting for, testing American weapons. The only American weapon I ever used is an M1 Garand and M1911, but unfortunately, my M1 Garand was damaged beyond repair after a communist artillery bombardment 2 years ago and was temporarily replaced by a captured Mosin Nagant until I was reissued with a Zhongzheng* rifle.