(4)

It was Nikkah day of Mustafa and Afaf.
Five months passed away and both of their struggles were showing colors generously.

Since last month, Munizeh's wheelchair was discarded; her legs were now strong enough to walk with a cane. Her happiness had no bounds. When she finally stood on her feet after so much time, she could swear she saw tears gathered in the eyes of her husband.

She was jovially walking with a cane in her hand and was seeing all the decorations of Nikkah when she spotted her husband talking to someone on the phone. His mood looked soiled as he was gritting his teeth while talking. She knew it must be work-related, and she didn't want to involve in it. It was not her place to talk.

She shook her head and decided to go to see Afaf as she was being ready in Munizeh's room.
While heading towards the stairs, a middle-aged woman with dark hair stooped her on her track. She couldn't pinpoint who the woman was.

The dark-haired lady scanned her from up to down and it immensely made Munizeh uncomfortable.

"Sorry, but do I know you?" In a soft voice she asked the narrow-eyed lady.

After looking at her for a solid minute she spoke in a thick voice.

"Shakal say theek hi ho magar phir bhi Jasim ke sath meri Alina nat jachna tha."
Manizeh's eyes become wide, and with a little harsher tone she again spoke.

(Your looks are not that bad but my Alina would have been suited well with Jasim.)

"Excuse me!" She was checking the audacity of the women, standing in her house the woman was taunting her.

The lady completely ignored Manizeh and started her rant.

"Han, nahi to aur kia, mana ke meri Alina nay sirf dass ki ha magar tumhari tarha kisi ka sahara to le nai chalti na."
Before she could defend herself her husband's loud harsh voice could be heard in the living hall.

(Of course, so what if she just passed ten classes at least she doesn't need support to walk like you)

"Naila aunty, aik lafz meri biwi ka baray ma aur maat boliya ga." With hurried steps he stood beside her and looked straight into Naila aunty's eyes.

(Nail aunty, don't speak another word against my wife)

His aunt trembled under his watch and slightly opened her mouth to speak, "Muja kuch nai sunana. Ap bari ha isliya apki boht izat karta hun magr apni biwi ka baray aik lafz nai suno ga ma. Jab muja apni biwi ma koi hami nazar nahi ati aur muja koi masla nahi ha ka wo mera sahara lay ya na lay to ap ko bhi koi haq nahi banta meri biwi kay baray ma kuch bolnay ka." He spoke in one breath and without listening to his aunt's reply he took his wife's free wrist and went towards the guest room.

(I don't want to hear anything, you are older than me and I respect you for that but I won't hear another word for my wife, when I don't see any weakness in her that whether she needs my support or not, so you have no right to speak against my wife)

"Jasim, calm down please." Speaking in a scared voice, she touched his arm.

After some time when he was calm, they both sat on the bed and held each other's hand.

"You don't have to defend me, main hud hi kafi thi unko jwab dainy kay liya waisa bhi itni lectures ka kia faida jab apnay hi muja defend karna hota ha."

(I was enough to give her an answer by myself, and anyway what's the point of so many lectures when at the end you have to defend me)

To make the environment light she spoke in a teasing tone.
In truth, she didn't care about anyone ridiculing her when Jasim entered her life again in the form of her husband.