(4)

They were in his car, Alyan was playing with his fingers in her lap and she was looking at him with affection.

Azaan looked at them while driving, seeing his son giggling instantly put a wide smile on his face.

He pulled his car in front of a toy shop and forward his hands to hold Alyan.

"I'm taking him to buy him new toys if you want you can come inside."
His attention was towards Alyan when he spoke.

"But he has enough toys to play with."
Her voice was a little loud.

"Did I ask for your opinion, don't come between me and my son." He went out after collecting his wallet from the dashboard, shutting the car door with a bang.

Azaan didn't look back at her and took Alyan to the toy shop who squealed in his father's hold after seeing all the colorful novelties.

She clenched her hands tightly around the hem of her shirt, Shafaq closed her eyes and leaned against the seat.

She was thinking - how is she going to tell him everything that happened to her, she was imagining his reactions - would he be angry, sad, or hurt - she did not have not a single clue.

Shafaq knew her leaving was the only adequate thing to do at that time if not his child wouldn't have been born, They would've made sure that her baby doesn't survive in his mother's womb, They would have killed her Alyan even before he enters this world.

A lone tear leaked from her eyes remembering their horrendous plans.

But she's not the meek and timid girl anymore who would be scared of them - she was now a mother, she held the power of courage and strength and she was ready to fight all demons who would try to hurt her child.

Just moments ago, she was quivering in fear upon thinking what would happen.
But now thinking rationally, she made up her mind she won't stop without a fight.

She won't let them take her son's right.

Shafaq only came to Lahore to make Alyan's existence known to Azaan and to ask his signature for their conjoined property, she wanted to sell it, she couldn't afford Alyan's expenses, the rent, and other bills with her income.

Her plan was simple - getting his signature, taking Alyan to meet his father, and return to Gilgit.

But her whole agenda was ruined when Azzan came unannounced and made it clear that he won't let her take Alyan anywhere alone again.

The car door opened, she saw giggling Alyan who was playing with his new bunny.

She felt relieved after seeing his son carrying only one toy but it was short-lived as the back door opened and the salesman put three bags full of trinkets in the seat.

Her eyes got widen upon seeing the flowing bags of toys.

The salesman closed the door leaving the three of them in the car.

"What was the need for so many toys?"  Seeing his mother angry, Alyan looked at his father with his big eyes and blinked at him.

"Your mother is crazy, don't listen to her, nobody's going to take away my son's toys from him." He cooed at Alyan and ignored her.

"You're making him against me?" Her question made him look at her.

"You hide him from me, I didn't even do anything that big." He taunts her while raising an eyebrow in a challenge.

Shafaq clenched her jaw and looked at her son who was again started to play with his toy - forgetting about his parents.

"C'mon Alyan, it's feeder time." she forwarded her hands to hold him but the little child clung towards his father like a koala.

Azaan laughed wholeheartedly seeing his son.

"Traitor!" She mumbled eyeing her son.

Azaan hugged his son and kissed his head. "That's my boy."

She was surprised seeing Alyan's behavior - the kid never goes to strangers and he was now sticking to Azaan like a koala.

Maybe he had a natural attraction towards him like many other children held towards their father.

"C'mon baby go to your mama, Baba has to drive."
Seeing him calling himself Baba made her heart melt and a small smile etched on her lips when she pulled Alyan in her lap.

She playfully narrowed her eyes at her son who squealed loudly to make her mother happy.

She shook her head, her son again indulged in playing with his toy.

*******

They reached his farmhouse in half an hour.
He gave her the keys to the farmhouse and asked her to unlock the door while he went to carry her bag and Alyan's toys.

Shafaq entered the brightly lit rustic basic two-story farmhouse.

The smell was familiar to her - it smelt like him and her, it smelt like home.

She remembered perfectly how Azaan used to bring her here to spend some alone quality time.

She used to make lasagna and his duty was to wash dishes afterward.

It was their happy days.

Shafaq went towards the room to put sleepy Alyan on the bed, the thirty-minute drive seems to make the little guy exhausted as he was snoring lightly.

She was adjusting his blanket when she felt his presence behind her.

She turned around and found him closely staring at her.

"Come to the living room, I'm waiting." Shafaq gulped and nodded at him.

She knew it was the time of the big reveal and she was ready for it, she was ready to fight for her son.

With slow hesitant steps, she went towards the living room.

Azaan was already sitting on a sofa with both of his hands on his thighs.

He gestured for her to sit on the opposite sofa. She did what he ordered.

Shafaq heaved a large breath and closed her eyes, she opened them after a second and looked straight into his eyes.

"Your uncle and aunt cursed your unborn child, they wanted to kill him in my womb." She whispered with misty eyes.

The cat is out of the box!!!
What do you guys think of the chapter? Vote and comment for more and please keep me and the people of Palestine in your prayers.
Until next time.
Take care.
Allah Hafiz.