Chapter 9

Donnie's POV

---------------------

I just asked Nicole on a date and she said yes!! Ok I guess it's not a date but it's good enough for me. I hope I don't mess it up. Hah.. as if I have a chance with someone of her beauty. I'm a turtle, she's a human. Well.. she did dream about me. But that doesn't necessarily mean anything. It's just a coincidence! I dunno.

"Don you ready to go?" I heard Nicole asked, bringing me out of my thoughts. I smiled shyly and nodded.

"Y-yeah let's go." I chuckled nervously. She smiled as we walked out of the lair. I blushed but tried to contain it. She looked at me.

"Are you alright?" She asked, tilting her head to get a better look. I coughed and nodded.

"Yeah all good!" I said quickly,  smiling. She gave me a look and looked forward again. As we walked I crept back into my thoughts.

She's so beautiful. And sweet. And nice. GAH!! I'm falling in love with a human! I mentally slapped myself. This is NOT good. How can we even fully trust her? Oh who am I kidding? She's April's friend, of course we should trust her. This truly scares me. The thought of falling in love again. I got so badly hurt last time. She knew my strong feelings for her and went straight for Casey. She broke my heart. He stole my woman. She wasn't even mine. But it still hurt like a knife in my turtle heart.

Nicole is perfect, from head to toe. It's to early in our friendship to have feelings, but.. I do. I don't even know if what we have is friendship. If it is, I will probably never have anything more with her. Shut up Donnie. Be positive. Give it time. Patience is a virtue. That's what Splinter always told my brothers and I.

Patience is a virtue, my sons. He had said. My father is such a wise... Rat.

I had two choices.

A.) Tell her how I feel and risk losing her forever.

B.) Be patient and wait for the right moment.

I'm not an idiot.. so I'm gonna wait. It's the smart decision. It's gonna be difficult. But hey.. I'm a teenage mutant ninja turtle, if I can fight off a bunch of enemies, I can contain my feelings for a girl. I got this!!