Chapter 23 - Talking Skeletons and the Invisible Man

Start from the beginning

"We can't stop him," I signed in frustration, rubbing my forehead in anguish" He's going to do want he wants either way, he is captain after all"  Nami only groaned at the truth in my words.

"Okay," Nami shouted loudly, signalling everyone to gather around, "Whatever we do, Luffy is going to go on board and meet the talking skeleton. So..." Nami whipped out 9 strings, putting it up to luck.

"What's the point in doing this? I'll just go with the idiot" Zoro groaned, but Nami only glared at him, not wanting to hear his complaints.

"There's a fair chance that we won't get picked, 4 strings have a red end so 4 of us will go" Just after those fateful words, Nami and I sank in gloom at the outcome we'd drawn.

"Why did we have to pick the wrong straw" We whimpered on the floor with a depressing aura around us, distraught at what we would have to do. We spotted Luffy jumping in happiness with his straw in hand and Sanji smiling with a cigarette being held in his mouth as he regarded his own red-tipped straw with interest.

Deciding to get the whole ordeal over and done with, we made our way to the ship, climbing over the netting on the side. We reached the top to see the skeleton standing there just staring down at us. Considering he was at least 10 inches taller than Sanji, the tallest in our group, it was a foreboding sight to be greeted by. Nami and I hid behind Sanji, using him as a human shield so we wouldn't have to make eye contact with it.

"Hello. It's been so long since I had real living people as company" He stated, he's greeting well mannered and pleasant. We were taken aback at his manners though Luffy only laughed, and of course couldn't help but be himself.

"Hey, do you poop?" He asked with innocent curiosity, the question fuelling the deep mortification we all felt. I jumped out from behind Sanji to scold and slap Luffy across the back of his head, again.

"What type of question is that?!" I shouted, though what was more shocking was the skeleton reply of 'Yes'. I turned my attention to the being in embarrassment, "Don't answer him back!!!" 

The skeleton regarded me with what seemed to be curiosity, before bending down to polish his shoes and straighten his tie, and walked up to me. I was slightly frightened at his behaviour, stepping back at the sudden approach, but what he asked me had my blood boiling.

"May I see your panties?"

"LIKE HELL!!!" Nami and I screamed, kicking the perverted skeleton across the head.

"SO HARSH!" The skeleton cackled. Before long, we found ourselves back on the Sunny in the company of the skeleton, as Luffy had invited him over for dinner. The others were shocked at his presence as Sanji, Nami and I earned ourselves a scolding from Usopp and Zoro.

"Hey skeleton man, join my crew!" Luffy shouted out to him, the rest of us yelling at Luffy at his bluntness.

"Okay" He answered simply sending us into fits of tears upon hearing his response.

We talked to the skeleton over dinner, who we found out had a name. 'Brook' explained to us the events that had lead to what we'd witnessed, both his skeleton appearance and the wrecked ship he resided on. What was more surprising was his lack of shadow, which he explained to be because of his run in with the Pirate Warlord 'Moria'.

He then went further explain whilst he enjoyed our company, he wouldn't be able to join our crew. I left them to finish talking, leaving the stuffy galley to get a bit of fresh air and keep an eye out. Which was probably in the nick of time  as I noticed we had entered the gates of what seemed to be an isolated island.

I shouted for the others, who came rushing out to see the sight that lay before us.

"It seems like this is where I take my leave. Thank you for the invitation and I really am in your debt for the hospitality you have shown me" Brook bowed to Luffy,  before jumping over the edge of the ship. We ran in time to spot Brook running across the surface of the sea towards the island.

Nami, Usopp and Chopper decided it was time for an excursion, taking the mini Merry, a small boat that came attached to the Sunny. The rest of us remained on the ship as we watched the small boat disappear into the mist, realising only too late what a mistake it had been.

"NAMI, USOPP, CHOPPER! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Luffy shouted out into the vast openness, only to be replied with silence. We all discussed what we should do, whether a second team should go looking for them or to give them time to come back on their own when I felt something breathe down my neck. I grabbed my neck and whipped around, trying to see who or what it was.

"Who's there?" I shouted sternly, but creepily the only thing we saw was the door that led to the kitchen slam shut.

"Robin, did you feel anything?" I turned to her, who only looked confused before swinging around to look at the unknown person.

"Something just pulled my hair" She looked around anxiously,  the others regarding us with worry as I rubbed my neck where the uncomfortable feeling resided. 

"Something just breathed down my neck" I added, explaining to the others. Amazingly enough, Luffy's cheek began to stretch out, pulling to its full abnormal length.

"Stop that Luffy" Sanji scolded, beginning to become freaked out at the strange occurrences happening around us.

"It's not me" He managed to respond though his stretched skin. Just then, what felt like a pair of arms wrapped around my waist, lifting me clean off the ground.

"Help! Put me down!" I shouted to the others, screaming in frustration and fear at the strengthening grip. The others gaped in horror, rushing forward to try and pull me away. Zoro reached first, pulling me out the things grasp with all his might but it seemed that the presence wasn't letting go.

"Let go of her!" He yelled, the thing persisted for a second more before dropping me onto the ground, the experience leaving me breathless. Zoro and Sanji quickly lifted me off the ground, pushing me behind Luffy so that I would have some form of protection against the perverted invisible man.

We weren't too sure but it seemed like the thing had finally gone, though it was safe to say that I was going to be scarred for life.

"What was that thing?" Sanji demanded, the others scanning the surrounding for any sign of movement.

"It fe-felt like a man" I managed to get out, shuddering at the feeling of the hands on my body.

"I feel this is going to be just the beginning" Robin mumbled darkly, causing us to turn our gazes to the island that lay before us.