Chapter 1

Dorothy stood in the middle of the bright studio. Alone. She faced the wall of mirrors as the song played throughout the room. She danced with many emotions sadness, determination, happiness. It was why she danced. It calmed her. Gave her a sense of stability in the dark times. It helped clear her mind when she was down or she could just do it for fun. Dance was a part of her.

Charles POV

Erik and I were walking into a dance studio to get our next mutant for the CIA's Mutant X Division. We had just gotten Angel and Darwin and were now going to get Dorothy Mullins. As far as I was aware she was powerful and I was surprised Shaw hadn't scooped her up yet.

We walked into a room in which we heard music coming from the see a blond dancing. She was crazy good. You could tell she didn't notice us 'cause she carried on.

When she finished, her back was towards us staring at the wall. She was panting heavily slowly walking backwards. She turned a round and her eyes went wide as she saw us standing there. She started to blush but get defensive putting her arms out.

Dorothy POV

The music stopped as I finished and I stared at the brick wall in front of me, out of breath. I was slowly walking back and when I turned around and saw two men standing there. One of them was a short and pale with brown hair he looked around 25. The other was tall and had dark blonde hair and a tiny bit of stubble, he looked to be late 20's to early 30's in comparison to my 17 year old self. My eyes widened as I blushed from embarrassment that they had seen me. But then I realized that they could be dangerous and I stuck my arm out ready to use my powers.

I had energy manipulation, telekinesis, telepathy and time warping that made my hands and eyes glow red. (Y'know 'cause I'm just naturally in love with Wanda's powers). I could use these abilities to many other things like make forcefields and fly.

"Who are you," I spoke defensively.

"Sorry allow me to introduce us. My name is Charles Xavier this is Erik Lehnsherr. We've come to recruit you," The shorter one spoke.

"Recruit me?" I repeated, confused.

Erik rolled his eyes and spoke before Charles could, "We are trying to stop a mutant named Sebastian Shaw from starting WW3 and we need your help. More specifically, your mutation."

"I...I'm not a mutant...whatever you call it," I tried to pretend.

"Oh don't worry we're mutants as well. The CIA are making a whole team," Charles reassured.

I read their minds and hummed in approval, " Telepathy and metal manipulation, nice."

"Great another telepath," Erik muttered in annoyance.

"That's not all I can do. I have energy manipulation. Telekinesis. And time warp," I told them, demonstrating my powers as I listed them off.

Charles looked at me in awe, "That's brilliant. Would you like to join us,"

I thought over his decision. I wanted to. Maybe people would change their views on mutants but I also promised him I would never be too far from home. "Alright I'll do it."

I packed up my clothes and got into the black car. "We'll take her to base then get the Summers kid from prison," I heard Erik tell Charles. I perked up, "Alex Summers."

"Yeah," Charles said.

"I know him. Good luck, he won't trust you."

"You um wouldn't mind helping would you?" Charles asked.

"Of course I'll help."

-----

"Hi, we were wondering if we could take out a prisoner on behalf of the CIA," Charles asked the receptionist.

"You'll have to talk to the warden," she replied, bored.

"Third door on the left, thanks. Oh, and by the way we're not crazy," Charles read her mind.

The women gaped as we walked to the warden's office. Erik knocked on the door and we heard a faint 'come in'. The three of us walked in and the warden looked up from his paperwork. "What can I do for you,"

"My name is Charles Xavier. We've come from the CIA, we need to take Alex Summers they want him," Charles explained.

"What do they want with Summers?"

"That's classified," Erik cut in.

The warden sighed before waving over a guard through the large window, "Take these three to Summers."

"What the hell does government want with a guy like Alex Summers? Hope your not planning on putting him with others. First guy I've ever met who actually prefers solitary confinement. Only one can go in," the guard told us.

"I'll go," I spoke up, "I'm the only one who will be able to convince him."

The guard opened the door and Alex looked up. His face lit up as we locked eyes. I walked in and the guard closed the door. He got up and hugged me and I hugged back. Ours lips locked and like always there were sparks.

"What are you doing here?" Alex asked me. He held me close as if I was going to float away.

"Two men came said they needed my help stopping WW3. There are other mutants there as well, they want you to joint them," I explained.

"Them or you?"

"Both. I only tagged along when I found out they wanted you."

"I'm dangerous Dot. I could hurt the wrong people," Alex reminded me.

"They're mutants too. Charles is a telepath and Erik has ferrokinesis. C'mon for me," I begged. I gave him puppy eyes to which he looked away. I clapped like a 4 year old when I heard him sigh because it meant I won. I kissed him and he stood to knock on the door. "Told you I could do it," I told the two adult mutants.