At the beach, the guys were playing football as their imprintees were sat on the sand watching them. Seth and Jacob where sat on a log. When Evie and Embry arrived, Jacob and Seth turned to them as they had felt their presences. Jacob slightly frowned seeing the two together. He didn't know why, but he didn't seeing them together. They were friends, Jacob knew that. But there was something more with Embry. The way the Call boy looked at Evie was different than it used to be. Otherwise, why would he have been so concerned that night when Jacob wanted to see her? Thinking about it, even then, Embry seemed more concerned for Evie than he used to be. Jacob felt like it was more. And he didn't like that.

Evie ignored him and just walked over to her sister who was standing alone. Leah smiled at her younger sister and wrapped her arm around her shoulder. The two Clearwaters walked towards the water, away enough for the others to not hear their conversation.

"You came with Embry," Leah pointed out.

"Yeah, we talked," Evie said. Leah turned to her. "We're good,"

"You know you'll have to talk to Jacob. And about that too,"

"I know," Evie sighed. "I keep imagining scenarios in my head of how it could turn out,"

"Well, it will never turn out the way you imagined it," Leah said.

"I know," Evie sighed again.

"I know you two are soul mates and everything. And now I fully understand what you feel for him," Leah started. "But don't forgive him right away,"

"Oh, I won't," Evie said. "I cannot act like two whole months didn't passed when he wasn't there. I cannot just ignore that,"

"Great," Leah nodded. "I shouldn't have advice you to get with him," she complained making Evie laughed.

"Also...," Leah said. "Can I beat him up?"

"Leah," Evie laughed.

"Was worth the shot," Leah shrugged. "Anyway, imprinting is so complicated,"

"I know right," Evie agreed. "Love and feelings too. Should have accepted those internships,"

"It wouldn't have solved everything," Leah pointed out.

"I know," Evie said.

The two sisters stayed in front of the water, talking. Evie was curious to know how things were evolving between her sister and Aaron. But Evie was surprised to know they hadn't interacted much since the bond fire. But to Leah, it was just weird. She wanted to take it slow. Saying that she wasn't fully over Sam would be a lie. They had been together for three years after all. And Leah was seeing her future with him. Turning the page was not that easy. And if had been a while she hadn't talk to Aaron. So they would surely not date right away.

At some point, Leah left to join Seth and Embry on the log. The guys had also stopped playing football and were with their imprintees. But Evie knew Leah hadn't left just because she was tired standing for so long like she said.

"Hey," Evie heard Jacob quietly said.

Evie didn't move, didn't budge. She kept staring at the cerulean water as she felt Jacob standing next to her.

"Can we talk?" Jacob asked.

"About what?" Evie rhetorically asked. "About the fact that you decided to leave your own imprintee for the girl you love?"

In an instant, the apprehension Evie felt shifted into anger. She loved him. But she was mad at him. And even if she was afflicted when he left, she was also furious. And she needed to get it out of her chest. Evie needed him to know what he put her through.

"I don't love Bella," Jacob retorted without hesitation.

"Well, doesn't seem like it,"

"Let me explain-"

"Because there's something to explain?" Evie faced him. "It's pretty clear to me,"

"Evie, please listen," Jacob pleaded. "I do not love Bella. I'm not in love with her. But she's someone I care for. And I can't stand to see her becoming a leech. It will be our duty to kill her,"

Evie just scoffed.

"It's her choice, Jacob," Evie said. "And it's not because you have to do it that it is the right thing to do. The Cullens are supposed to be our natural enemies and yet Seth and I are good friends with them. You don't want to be friends with them just because you think Edward stole Bella from you, just face it!"

"They feed on human blood," Jacob said.

"Not them," Evie pointed.

"Is it so bad of me to not like them? Their kind slaughtered our ancestors! And I'm supposed to befriend with them?"

"You cannot judge everyone the same way," Evie said. She sighed and ran a hand in her hair. She was running out of patience. He was trying to explain, not apologise. He clearly didn't learn from the last time, did he? Evie was just done with him and all this bullshit. She wasn't reaching the culminating point. "You know what Jacob? It's all a bit much with you,"

"Evie, I came back before for y-"

"No! You've talked enough. It's my turn now," she harshly cut off. "Did you really think we could come back to what we were? You are the one who destroyed everything! This is exactly why I didn't want us to be lovers. I knew it would have eventually happened. You keep being so confusing and messing with my heart! I've always loved you but I gave up on you because you were in love with Bella. But you rekindled that love and just crushed it! You told me you loved me then kissed her the next day! You told me you loved me then left because she was getting married! I'm always the second choice with you and I'm done with it! You always chose her instead of your own imprintee!

"Did you really think I would have fell in your arms the second you came back? You don't get to come back and act as if two whole months haven't gone by where you weren't here. Apologising won't be enough this time. I'm so mad at myself for believing in your words. Love may not be a big deal to you but it is to me! I'm so mad at myself to have given my heart to a lying jackass!

"You're a selfish, self-centered, and only think about what what you feel and don't give a shit about others. You made me hope and then crushed everything. I'm done with you so don't expect anything from me. I have nothing for you, Jake. No forgiveness, no compassion, no liking, no love. Zero, niet, nada. No trust. Liar," Evie said. She then ripped her necklace from her neck, grabbed Jacob's hand, and harshly placed it on his palm. "I wish I wouldn't have imprinted on you,"

"Evie," she heard Seth called.

Evie stopped. She was panting, trembling with anger. She felt trendemously hot. She felt as if she would be phasing soon. But she couldn't hold it anymore. She had to tell him how she felt, what she was keeping in her heart.

Evie turned to her brother. He was standing a few feet away from them, looking worried. Far behind him, she noticed the entire pack, static and looking at them, apprehending. The tension was so thick and heavy they feared it would get out of hand. Seth went to see them in hope to calm his sister down before it would end up badly. Evie would never hurt Seth and he knew that.

Evie glared back at Jacob one last time before heading out of the beach. For the first time for a long time, Evie phased.

~~

A/N: Did you get the two references I put into Evie's lines? The last one is my favorite.

Also, things will now unravel. Did you get the few hints about Jacob's departure in the previous chapters?

Hope you'll like what will happen next! See you!