Questions-II

This time she let the tears flow. It was getting too difficult to breathe and the air around her didn't help much. She nodded in a no.

Kartik couldn't see her like that, he wanted to comfort her but then he had no idea if he still had the right to!

"Chuck it!" He murmured to himself and pulled her in a hug. That's when  she finally let go of everything and clutched onto him tightly.

Naitik was in Mumbai, he never came back after he heard the news of Naira's demise, he wasn't strong enough to attend his princess last rites.

Two days ago Naksh called him and explained the entire situation. Naitik was enraged, more than that, he felt betrayed.

"Naksh, keep the phone on speaker."

"Naira I promised you once that no matter what I'll always have your back. Did you forget that there was a time once when we both stayed in Mumbai alone ? I left everything for you and yet I wasn't the one you could trust? I understand your pain but I don't understand what we did wrong here.  Nevermind, I'm too disappointed to hear your side of the story right now. I'm glad that I still have a daughter but I'm not going to forgive you for this, you left me once because of a misunderstanding and then later because of someone else's mistake, I agree it's your life, but what you don't understand is, our life decisions aren't only for us, they have the power to  impact all those who are connected to us." And the line was cut.

In that moment the intensity of her actions doomed upon her in every sense. But she also noticed how no one was actually thinking of what she felt. They kept saying how they understood her pain but then went ahead and talked about theirs. She was confused and hurt. The wrong and right kept mixing up and she wanted to run away again, but this time, from life.

Kartik regretted asking her that question but he also desperately wanted to know about it. In that moment he vowed to himself that he'll fix this for her. He was the one who caused this chaos in her life and now it was time to clean it up. She might not want him back ,but one thing Naira would always want in her life is her family, and he would do everything in his power to give that back to her. Cause no one was more deserving of love than the woman who was standing in his arms right now, crying her heart out. She may pretend that nothing hurts her anymore, but Kartik could see right through her facade. And wasn't this how she was always? Trying to appear strong and breaking from inside. But this time he won't let her break. That led him to wonder whether anything was left inside her that could break anymore?

That thought made him go weak on his knees. How did life suddenly turn upside down? If he thought that he went through the worst in the past 5 years then this was clearly a burning hell he was dumped into, and the escape to it was standing right in front of him, who refused to let him out.

Naira composed and freed herself from him. Kartik wished for the moment to last a little longer but alas, the universe was never in sync with his feelings these days.

"Are there anymore questions left Kartik? Cause I'm really tired and these questions might make you feel better but it's draining the lasts of my energy."

He wanted to tell her that he didn't even start with the one's he desperately needed answers for. But he didn't have the heart to put her under a spot again. He nodded reluctantly, stating that he was done with the questions. Naira knew he was lying but was glad about it nevertheless. She braced herself to ask him what she promised Dadi she would, when she was leaving Goenka Villa.

"I'll take a leave then, thank you for answering my questions and I'm sorry again for everything thats wrong in your life right now, it's all because of me." There was too much formality in this response which he hated, but he had no option. He kept reminding himself that they weren't the old Kartik and Naira who could shout and scream and still have each other to answer their questions.