[8] - 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘶𝘯

Start from the beginning

"Enough with the buddy cop routine, I'm not here to take you in." Y/N sighed as he walked up to them, "Seems like I'm on the run too."

"What happened?"

"Well, Cap. I resisted arrest. Never thought I'd say those words."

"And why's that?" Sam asked.

"Secretary Ross put a warrant out on me. Call me crazy, but I think he heard me telling Tony about me wanting out of the Accords."

"But you signed it." Steve said.

"Which I regret, Cap. You were right." Y/N looked at Sam too, "You both were."

Sam chuckled, "Say that again, please.

"Shut up."

Steve went right to business, "So it's the four us of then."

Y/N shrugged. He overheard Bucky's explanation and understood what they had to do.

"Maybe not." Sam said, crossing his arms. Y/N and Steve looked at him.

"I know a guy."

At that moment, Y/N knew exactly who he was referring to.

• • •

BACK AT THE COMPOUND, Wanda was in the lounge reading a book. It felt like she wasn't really reading the words, just simply in her thoughts as she examined the page.

She wondered where Y/N could be, he should've been back by now. A part of her expected him to return with news of how he failed to convince Tony to lift her restrictions, which wouldn't have surprised her.

BOOM!

There was an explosion in the front lawn of the compound, which startled Wanda. She walked over to the window, and saw the flames shooting up. Vision, in his normal caped form, appeared beside her.

"What is it?" Wanda asked.

"Stay here, please." Vision phased through the wall to investigate the area.

Once he had left, Wanda felt a presence behind her. She quickly used her telekinesis to lift the knife off a cutting board and aimed it near the head of the intruder.

"Guess I shoulda knocked." Clint Barton said, moving the floating knife away.

"Oh, my God! What are you doing here?" Wanda asked walking up to Hawkeye.

Clint was called by Y/N to help get Wanda out of the compound. After that, they were going to pick up Scott Lang in San Francisco and then meet up with the rest in Germany.

Together, they were going to take down Zemo before he activates the Winter Soldiers.

"Disappointing my kids." Clint replied, and swiftly shot an arrow at a wall and then another by the island in the kitchen, "I'm supposed to go waterskiing."

Clint grabbed Wanda's hand. "Cap needs our help. Come on." They began running, but Vision phased back inside and called out.

"Clint! You should not be here."

Clint stopped and sighed, he turned around a gave a weak smile to Vision.

"Really? I retire for, what, like five minutes, and it all goes to shit."

"Please consider the consequences of your actions." Vision started walking towards them.

"Okay, they're considered."

Vision walked into the path of the arrows, which activated an electric current that incapacitated him. He groaned as he was being shocked.

"Okay, we gotta go." Clint told Wanda, and started running. He expected her to follow, but upon looking back, he noticed she stood where she was.

"It's this way." He called out.

Wanda looked down at her hands, fiddling with her jewelry. "I've caused enough problems."

Clint sighed, and walked back towards the redhead.

"You gotta help me, Wanda. Y/N sent me to get you. If you wanna mope, you can go to high school. If you want to make amends, you get off your ass."

His statement got her attention. Clint quickly glanced at Vision, and his eyes widened as the synthezoid shot at the arrow with blast, freeing himself.

"Shit."

Vision walked up to Hawkeye, who raised his bow and fired an arrow. Vision used his intangibility to avoid it and quickly disarmed Clint.

Vision pushed him away, but the retiree rolled and got back into a stance.

"I knew I should've stretched." He groaned, and deployed a baton.

He ran up to Vision and swung his baton, only for it to go through the Avenger's body. He parried one of Clint's punches, in which Clint swung his baton again only for it to phase through him a second time.

Vision blocked another one of his attacks and held his arm. Hawkeye kept hitting him with his baton, but Vision had changed his density and caused the weapon to break in half.

Clint looked at the broken baton in awe and threw it aside. He tried to kick Vision, but his leg phased though him, getting him off balance and giving Vision the chance to put him in a chokehold.

"Clint, you can't overpower me."

He struggled in the synthezoid's grasp.

"I know I can't. But she can."

Vision looked up at Wanda, who was channeling an orb of energy between her hands.

"Vision, let him go. I'm leaving." She told him.

"I can't let you."

Wanda opened up her arms and started manipulating Vision's Mind Stone. It caused him to change his density, freeing Hawkeye from his hold.

"I'm sorry." Wanda continued changing his density, causing Vision to get heavier. The floor beneath him began to crack.

"If you do this..." Vision got onto his knees, "...they will never stop being afraid of you."

"I can't control their fear, only my own."

Wanda used her powers to send Vision crashing down several floors and into the crust of the Earth. It pained her to do this to her friend, but she need to go help Y/N and Cap.

Clint looked down at the hole. "Oh..." He then turned to Wanda.

"Come on. We got one more stop."