[7] - 𝘱𝘢𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘴𝘩

Start from the beginning

"Do you know, I don't know what this is?" Vision ran his fingers along the stone, "Not really. I know it's not of this world, that it powered Loki's staff, gave you your abilities, but it's true nature is a mystery."

He thought of how Wanda and Y/N were affected by Infinity Stones too. The three were all connected to them.

"And yet, it's a part of me. I wish to understand it. The more I do the less it controls me. One day, who knows? I may even control it."

There was silence for a moment as Y/N thought. He understood what Vision was talking about. The more days go by, the more he notices Vision acting more human. He doesn't want the Stone to be what defines him.

Wanda felt the somber energy in the room, and decided to change the subject, "I don't know what's in this but it is not paprika."

"What?" Y/N looked at Vision, "I thought we had the right ingredients?"

"I grabbed what we had in the pantry."

Wanda laughed, "I'm gonna go to the store. I'll be back in twenty minutes."

Vision quickly phased out of his seat and got in front of her. Y/N was confused on why he had stopped her.

"Alternatively, like Y/N said, we could order a pizza?" Vision asked.

"Vision? What's the matter?" Y/N asked walking up to them.

"Are you not letting me leave?" Wanda questioned as well.

Vision looked down, "It is a question of safety."

"I can protect myself." Wanda tried walking away, but Vision held her back.

"Not yours."

Y/N still questioned what was going on, "Who's laying down these rules, Vis?"

"Mr. Stark. He would like to avoid the possibility of another public incident. Until the Accords are on a more secure foundation." He explained.

This was what Y/N didn't want. He didn't think restrictions like these would be put into effect so quickly.

"And what do you want?" Wanda asked Vision. He looked at Y/N, then back at his friend.

"To see you as I do."

Y/N rubbed his face. "Look, I don't know what Stark is thinking with this. But I need to go talk with him."

"He's currently in Berlin. He's going to talk with Captain Rogers about the Accords." Vision said.

"Then that's where I'm going." Y/N said, starting to walk away.

"What are you going to do?" Wanda asked.

He looked back, seeing his two friends. He didn't like how Tony's rules were keeping Wanda from doing everyday things she's done before. He just wanted to set things right.

"Talk with him. A friend to a friend."

• • •

SPECTER ARRIVED AT THE WRONG TIME. It's been a couple hours since Bucky Barnes escaped custody. Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson were also at large. Everybody in Berlin was on high alert.

Y/N was at the JCTC and saw agents frantically running around. Tony was in a conference room, sitting down and recovering from the event.

"Tony? I heard about what happened." Y/N walked into the room and closed the door. Tony rubbed his head and faced him, Y/N noticed the black eye and cuts he had.

"Yeah. Super soldier escapes custody. Then his super soldier buddy tries to go after him, only to go off the grid along with his wingman. Splendid."

Tony got up and walked over to the young man, patting his shoulder.

"What brings you here? Everything fine back at the compound? Wanda?

"That's why I'm here, Tony. I want to talk about her."

Tony nodded and sat at the table. Y/N stayed standing up.

"What happened?" He asked.

"These restrictions. You can't be serious." Y/N answered.

Tony sighed and knew what he was talking about. "You have to understand. This is for safety reasons."

"Safety reasons? She's not going to blow up a bus on the way to the store, Tony."

"How could you be so sure?"

Tony said that in his classic Stark tone, which kind of angered Y/N.

"I know, Tony. Why the hell would you ask that."

"Look, I'm sorry. That came out wrong." He tapped on the table, "We're just keeping her there until all this gets settled. Okay?"

"This is interment. You can't keep her locked away like some...fairytale princess."

Tony laughed, "That fairytale princess has a pool, a lounge, a basketball court, and a theater. There's worse ways to protect people."

"Protection? Is that how you see this?" Y/N's tone raised, which caused Tony to do the same.

He hated how he was going through a similar argument like he had with Steve earlier that day.

"She's not a citizen, Y/N—"

"Come on, Tony."

"And they don't grant visas to weapons of mass destruction!"

Y/N looked at Tony. He never thought he'd ever hear him say something like that, especially about Wanda.

He didn't want people to see her as a weapon, and that's basically how Tony saw it. Y/N looked down as Tony finished his statement.

"I'm doing what has to be done. To stave of something worse."

Y/N scoffed, and looked at the former Avenger. "You made me believe, Stark. I thought this would be best for all of us."

He walked over to the door, and put his hand on the handle. He looked back at Tony.

"Consider me off the Accords."

"You already signed it."

"Get some whiteout or some shit, figure it out."

Y/N left the room. Tony sat there, rubbing his temple in frustration.

Meanwhile, Thaddeus Ross was listening in via the security camera in the conference room. He took Y/N's hostility and retraction from the Accords as a problem.

Along with Barnes, Rogers and Wilson being at large, both against the Accords, he didn't want to have to worry about L/N too. Ross feared maybe he'd go back to the compound and flee with Maximoff.

He watched the feed, seeing Y/N walk out of the building. He got on his phone.

"Apprehend Y/N L/N. Don't let him leave Berlin."