19. Heart-Pounding Vacation Time

Start from the beginning

Hearing the proclamation, Joker panic and grab her wrist before she could take a step forward, "Wait!" He shouted loudly than he intended.

Marionette halted and turn her head to him with a perplexed face, indicating that she's going to listen to whatever her partner going to say. Joker gulp down the nervousness down his throat and open his mouth, "Just wanna say...uhmm...you know from the Gyuki and all...."

Knowing where this is going, Marionette face front and sigh through her nostrils, "Oh that...I just did what was needed to do. I saved you because you're my key to finding the scythe" she inhaled before continuing without looking at him, "Besides I don't want Mr. Silver Heart punish me" Marionette slipped her hand from his and walk to Queen.

Joker watch as the shadow of the little girl slowly becoming smaller before disappearing from his eyesight. Feeling a bit devastated from the result of him thanking her, he decided to let it go and enjoy the rest of their vacation. Although making up his mind to enjoy, his eyes still linger on her small frame.

What the heck was he expecting?

Of course that's her reason for saving him. They're just partners who were brought together by just a mere deal. He's just a key to achieve her goal. Just a key, nothing more, nothing less.

Then why is he feeling like this?

Whenever his close or near her his heart will skip a beat, his stomach will be swarmed by butterflies and his face will heat up a thousand degrees. Every once in a while his mind will be occupied by a certain turquoise haired girl. Every rare smile, rare laugh and rare expressions made him all giddy inside in a wierd, yet, pleased way.

Why do I care about you more than anyone else? Thinking about this is unhealthy.

He sighed and ruffled his hair frustratingly, "I should stop thinking these..." he mumbled.

"What's the matter Joker?" Roko asked as he popped his head through his sight line.

"Woah!" Joker almost tripped on a buried sand bucket, startled by Roko's sudden interval but manage to get his balance back. He placed a hand on his chest and heave a sigh, "You surprised me Roko!"

Roko scratch his head with his right ear sheepishly, "Sorry, but..." he look at Joker in eye, "You look frustrated. You should turn that frown upside down and enjoy! It is our vacation" he chirped energetically.

"Mmh? What's this? You have a problem Joker?" Silver Heart peered over his shoulder to take a good look at his disciple, "Don't tell me it's about Marionette again"

Joker scoffed at this and whip his head to the side, "That girl is getting on my nerves lately and I can't understand why she's always in my mind"

Silver Heart and Roko exchange glances then turn back to the young teenager, "Maybe because you were worried something might happen to Marionette like last time" Roko suggested.

"It's true that I'm worried but I don't think that's the case, besides I'm not worried anymore now that she's back to being blunt again"

"Then maybe you've developed some feelings for her" Silver Heart suggested this time.

"That couldn't be possibly the case...right?" Roko asked nervously to Joker.