That exact scene, which was very common in their youth, always was like a dewy daydream. It was so perfect, he couldn't explain how magical it made him feel. How the world stopped just for them, for this moment to allow them the joy of just sharing their love of music.

"Oh so fast... But memories they last..."  He stepped up the stairs quietly, sucking in his bottom lip he let the music engulf him and take him away. Was it simple to the normal ear? Certainly. It was just another girl singing another acoustic cover, to most people this performance wasn't much to pay attention to. There were probably thousands of other prettier and better singers... But to Alex, this slightly above-average performance from the girl that just woke up made every last piece of music pale in comparison. No sonata, minuet or pop song would ever compare to the simple way Y/n sang her notes. The way she kept it in a gorgeous legato, and though keeping it in the general middle range still hitting a high note decently well on occasion.

This was her magnum opus in his eyes, the quiet afternoons where she toyed around in their room and having a bit of fun.

He remembered every laugh, he remembered the way she would light up and the way her lips curved into her iconic smile. My lord could he ever go on forever about her, it was a mystery how he never managed to run out of things to say, to think about, to love... 

It was a treasure, a pleasure... A privilege to have been able to grow and live with her by his side. He wouldn't ever want to imagine what would've transpired if he never went to the marketplace that day. Having her bump into him, and never being able to meet her eyes for the very first time... That was his biggest fear. Not even losing her, but never of being able to have her in the first place. It always made him feel bitterly claustrophobic, thinking of how he would've probably laid around never doing much without her encouragement. Becoming lazy, not being able to even make lunch on his own.

He thanks whatever god out there that whenever he'd burn a grilled cheese sandwich she'd always be there to clean up the mess and help him make another.

He was thankful that when she took classical piano she came home with the most touching pieces, and would bring him to tears every time she'd play them.

He still remembered the day she brought home Gymnopédie No.1, how beautiful it was to hear he got so caught inside his own thoughts he began to cry in front of her. He could feel her smooth fingers and arms wrap around his torso as she apologized profusely. He could smell the light fragrance of the shower gel she loved to use, the calming scent of peonies making him melt into his arms as his eyes shut and just for that moment everything was alright.

In the whole span of their long, and when I say long I mean long, relationship... There were would only be a few major instances of him breaking down and crying in front of her. This was one, having their relationship grow even stronger after this. Since this was one of the most real sights into his psyche she would ever see. Alex, unbeknownst to most people, was a very easily troubled soul. A very emotional person at heart, even if he would bashful at the mention of that fact, it was very much true. And when at that moment, through his snotty sobs he ushered out "I imagined losing you." To the young pre-teens at the time, it was a real opening into just how much he cared about her.

But... Whatever were the other times he cried his eyes out to her?

Well... This memory would go on to become the most infamous to remember.

Because unlike what he would've wanted, this would be the last Sunday afternoon he would have. 

No longer would her skin glow with the golden rays while singing and dancing together in the early morning hours and afternoon. Because after today neither one of them could ever go without yearning for more time, crying and cuddling would take up the once joyful time. She would still be wearing his sweatshirt, sure, and he could joke about being Jacob Sautorious for just a moment. Before reality settled, and tears spilled out of their eyes like a running faucet.