"I'm going to find Julian after this, and I'm gonna kill him."

"Damon-!"

"No, Rae! It was going to happen anyway, this time I just have a bigger reason. If you hadn't started to gray you wouldve died! He put splinters in your heart, if I didnt get them out when I could you wouldn't be standing here with me." His voice got harsh but it stayed at a whisper. "I dont even know how you couldn't feel it until later that night." He groaned.

"Shock, I think. I was terrified. When he had that stake pushed up against my heart all I could think about was you and Ben." He chuckled at the end. "What?"

"Nothing. Just you and your obsession with that damn baby, its adorable. He smiled down at me."

"Well, hes bonded to me. I'm bonded to him, it only makes sense that I love him." He looked down at me, his eyebrows raised. "Oh dont you give me that look. Kai even got wrapped around his tiny little finger." I smiled, remembering the way that were laughing at me in the pouring rain, both of their smiles bright enough to make the rain go away.

If I wasnt in the situation I was in, I dont think I wouldve gotten mad like I did. But then again, if I hadn't done what I did, they wouldnt have been smiling at all.

"Maybe we should go on a road trip, so I can meet the little guy. And your family, of course."

"No time soon, they kind of... all want me dead. Like at the beginning." I said, then Valerie walked away in the same direction Nora had. It was just us three. Stefan looked at me and I stepped up to her closed coffin.

I set my hand on her box and smiled. I had no words at first. "You shouldnt blame yourself for everything that happened around you. You shouldve learned that. We miss you." I whispered, then stepped over by Stefan, I rested my head on his shoulder then he wrapped his arm around me. He looked over at Damon who now stepped up to the front of the casket.

"How many times do you get to eulogize your mother." Stefan pointed out.

"You know what? Your right, brother." He laid his hand in the casket. "Lily, you were a terrible mother when you were alive. And you were a terrible mother when you were dead." He patted the coffin and looked at me and Stefan with a grin. "Yeah. The felt good." He sighed and walked away.

I looked up at Stefan and he shook his head. He let go of me and opened half the box then laid the flowers down in Lilys arms. "I'm so sorry." He whispered, then closed the wooden box.

When we got hom I ignored Damon, I walked towards the kitchen slightly cutting him off on the way over. Kai was sitting on the couch watching while Stefan went upstairs to bed.

"Seriously Rae? What's your deal." He asked me, I didnt answer him as I opened the fridge. "Rae, talk to me." He said coming into the kitchen.

"About what? There is nothing to talk about. You dont care about your dead mother, the rest of us do, and that's that. See? Nothing to talk about." I cut around him again holding a blood bag, I was about to make my escape when he cut me off in the livingroom.

"What do you want me to do? I don't care about her, she was terrible to me, I was always her last choice time and time again. I'm not going to mourn someone who doesn't give a damn about me."

"Then you could at least be quiet and let the rest of us mourn her."

"Earlier tonight you said you didnt care about her like the others did, was that just-"

"No it was not a lie. Just because I don't feel as strongly about her doesnt mean I dont care for her! You've got a bother up there that is devastated about this! And then Valerie and Nora, not even to mention Julian! Thankfully the girls arent any burden but Julian? Hes hone crazy! Have you not seen the body count?"