“And what reason is that? Why do you believe that the gods have punished you?”

       My grandfather looked at Arius, but his gaze drifted away. After a few seconds, he frowned. “Because I didn’t save your mother.” He said, grimly.

       Arius shook his head. “I don’t believe that’s true. You would have done it if you could.”

       “Really?” My grandfather sighed, and looked older than he normally does. He then looked back at Arius. “And what are you going to promise my grandchild?”

       “I’ll promise her a happy life.”

       “And you are sure you can keep that promise?”

       “I will do anything to make her happy.”

       My grandfather looked doubtful. He turned and looked at me. “And do you believe him, child?” 

       I nodded. “Grandpa… I believe in Arius.”

       My grandfather stared at me for a long time, and then he turned to Arius. “If anything happens to her, I swear I will murder you in your sleep. I don’t care what happens to me, but I will make sure you die.”

       Arius raised his eyebrows but then nodded.

       My grandfather turned and leaned forward to kiss my forehead. “Take care, my child.”

       I smiled at him. “I promise to come visit you soon.”

       My grandfather hesitated but nodded. He then turned to Arius. “I was serious when I said I will kill you if anything happens to her.”

       Arius nodded. “I know.” He smiled. “Now, would you like me to escort you—”

       “No. There is no need for that.” My grandfather said. He then turned back to me. “Good bye, my dear.”

       “Bye bye, grandpa, I’ll miss you.”

       “I’ll miss you too.”

       And with that, he left, on his own.

       I missed him so much already. And I knew, Arius was able to tell by my quietness. I walked with him down the halls. Of course, I walked behind him. It would be bad if I was caught walking next to the Prince of Egypt.

       “I don’t think he likes me very much.” Arius said, with a smile. He was obviously trying to make me feel calmer.