oneshot - you must be his girlfriend

Maybe from time to time I'll add some more oneshots here. English isn't my native language so I apologize for any grammar mistakes and misspelled words. <3

Hermione had looked nervously at the doorplate for several minutes before she rang the bell. She'd seen the Dursleys a few times, but she never visited them. They weren't nice people as she could tell, but Harry lived with them, so she had to go through this encounter.

The thought of Harry made her feel nervous again. He's always been her best friend but before the holidays something happened between them. A short kiss, it wasn't even a real kiss, just a quick touch of two lips.

But she guessed it changed everything. At least she hoped it did.

Yes, she really needed to talk to Harry.

"Yes?" A large man with a moustache opened the door.

"Good afternoon", she pushed out, "my name is Hermione Granger and i'm a - a friend of-
"Ohh we knew you would be up here soon", Mr Dursley interrupted her, "come in".

Surprised, she stepped over the threshold.
"Petunia, look who's here." A woman who must have been Mrs Dursley came running over. "Good afternoon dear, I'm so happy to finally meet you", she said cockily, "your boyfriend must be here soon."

Hermione blushed, "my -my boyfriend?"
"You don't have to be uncomfortable with that. We were all young once", Mrs Dursley winked, "do you want a tea while waiting?"

"Uhm yes please" she answered and sat down on the kitchen chair. She looked around the living room. Everywhere were family pictures but not a single one of Harry.

"So tell me, what are your parents doing?", Mr Dursley asked. "They're dentist", Hermione said while brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.
"Interesting, very interesting", he mumbled. "What about school? You're good at school?" "Uhm yes, it's really important for me."

Mrs Dursley joined them. "You are such a beautiful and clever girl. What was your name again?"
"Hermione. Hermione Granger."
"Vernon, I think he has already talked about her. I think I've heard this name before." She turned back to Hermione, "you need to know that he hasn't really told us that he is in a relationship. But we have suspected it for a long time. He's different. He smiles more and sings under the shower."

Hermione choked on her tea. Petunia squealed, "you're okay darling?"
"Yeah sorry, I'm fine", Hermione coughed.

Vernon smiled at her, "Well, I hope he treats you well."
Shyly she pressed her lips together. "Of course he does. We've been friends for a long time. He would never hurt me. He's too pure."

She hesitated just before the word "friends".

"He deserves only happiness and must be treated good as well!"

"Aww I always knew that someday he will find a girl like you", Petunia said tearful.

A loud rumble interrupted them. Hermione jumped. "What was that?"

Mr and Mrs Dursley exchanged a look.
Vernon cleared his throat. "Maybe he already told you that we're four people in this house, and since you will probably visit us more often by now, you should know that-

Another loud noise.

-that there's this boy. Just a little crazy since he was in a car accident as a kid. He has an owl. A very naughty and loud animal. But as you must have noticed Dudley and this freak have nothing in common."

Hermione frowned. Now she was becoming aware of this whole situation.
Angry, she jumped up from the table. But then the doorbell rang.

Petunia hurried to open the door. A big girl entered in a rude way. She had greasy black hair in two pigtails.
"Who are you?", Mr Dursley grumbled, "i guess a friend of this Potter freak?"
The girl looked horrified and Hermione was about to say something as the door opened again.

"Dudley, finally you're here", Petunia screamed, "your lovely and beautiful girlfriend Hermione came to visit us."

His eyes widened. "Mum no that-
Mr Dursley stepped to the stairs and screamed, "Potter, there's a friend of yours."
He spoke in disgust and pointed at the girl who looked just as confused as Dudley. "I don't know what you can think of to just burst in here, but you can talk to Potter outside for a minute. Then please go away again."

Hermione thought the girl was about to cry.

Finally Harry came downstairs. Hermione recognized a spark of astonishment in his green eyes. He gleefully looked at her and seemed like he wanted to move towards her, but Mrs Dursley already pushed him forward.

"Say hello to Dudleys wonderful girlfriend."
Harry's eyebrows twitched briefly and then he suddenly laughed out loud. Hermione pressed her hand to her mouth and started laughing too.

She ran up to him and hugged him fiercely. He smelled so good and Hermiones heart skipped a beat. Only noticeable for her, he ran his fingers over her spine. She shivered.

"Hermione isn't a friend of Dudley and especially not his girlfriend", he clarified.

All of a sudden she was overflowed with courage. Proud she put her hands around Harry's neck and kissed him.
Briefly shocked he stared at her but then, without hesitation, he kissed her back.

Hermione heard Vernon take a sharp breath and Petunia probably passed out, but she didn't care at all.

Now she knew that everything is going to change - in the best way possible.