To The Cave

"Speaking of The Phoenix Squadron," said Ahsoka, "where are they? I should check on their progress, see if they're okay..." Ahsoka then got out her communicator and said, "Ahsoka Tano to Phoenix Squadron, can anyone hear me?" A female voice then said on the communicator, "Phoenix Squadron to Ahsoka Tano, this is Hera Syndulla. We can hear you loud and clear, over."

"Hera, good to hear your voice," said Ahsoka, "I'm at the rendezvous right now. Where are you guys?" Hera replied, "sorry Ahsoka, The Ghost is suffering a bit of an engine snafu. It's nothing Chop and I can't fix. But it means we're going to be delayed. It'll take us a day or two to meet you at Haruun Kal. But I'm sure you can manage." Ahsoka smirked and replied, "I can take good care of myself. I actually have an important matter to attend to anyway. You and the crew be safe out there, Hera. May the Force be with you." Hera replied, "and you as well Ahsoka. Good luck with this mini errand." As soon as Hera hung up, Luke gave a look of realization and asked, "Hera Syndulla? Didn't she and the Phoenix Squadron liberate Lothal from the Empire?" Ahsoka nodded and replied, "that is correct. Let us rest Luke. When the sun rises, we will go to the Kyber Crystal Cave." And so the two rested. Once nightfall passed, it was soon daytime and the sun rose on Haruun Kal. When the sun rose, Luke and Ahsoka woke up. The two of them then began their walk to the cave of Kyber Crystals, R2 tagging along with them. Luke allowed The Force to guide him, R2, and Ahsoka. As they walked, Ahsoka told Luke of many stories regarding Anakin and Padme, and her adventures during the Clone Wars, including her friendship with a Clone Trooper known as Captain Rex. The journey to the cave didn't take too long, and it took them an hour to make it there. The three companions found themselves outside of a large cave, strong with The Force. "So this is the place," said Luke as he rubbed his chin in a pondering manner. "Yes," confirmed Ahsoka, "you ready?"

"I am," said Luke, "stay here R2." The Droid bleeped in response. Ahsoka pat R2 and said, "don't worry buddy, we won't be gone long." She and Luke then went inside the cave, looking around. Suddenly, a mysterious voice (mysterious to Luke, but familiar to Ahsoka) said, "who goes there? Are you Jedi or Sith?" Ahsoka couldn't believe who it was! "Um, it is I, Luke Skywalker," said Luke, "and this is my friend Ahsoka Tano, former Jedi Apprentice." Ahsoka nudged Luke's arm and said, "thanks for rubbing that in, Sky Guy Jr." Suddenly, a Force Ghost appeared. He looked to be a man with black skin with no hair, and he wore Jedi robes. This Force Ghost was Mace Windu!

"Skywalker? Tano?" The Force Ghost asked

"Skywalker? Tano?" The Force Ghost asked. "Are you a Jedi?" Luke asked. "In life, I was a Jedi master known as Mace Windu," replied the ghost, "in here, I am the guardian of this cave on my home planet..." Ahsoka crossed her arms and said, "hello Master Windu." Mace looked at Luke and said, "so you are the offspring of Anakin Skywalker that destroyed the Death Star whom Obi-Wan Kenobi told me about." Luke nodded and said, "yes. So you knew my father, his apprentice, and Obi-Wan?" Mace crossed his arms and replied, "I did. And I knew the man who trained Kenobi. And I knew that man's master as well. But enough with the pleasantries, son of Skywalker. Why are you here?" Luke looked at his bionic hand and said, "Master Yoda sent me here because I lost my lightsaber, and he wants me to find a new Kyber Crystal." Mace rubbed his chin and said, "ah, so that is why you are here. You are here to commit a rite of passage. As the guardian of the cave, I will not allow Sith to spew blasphemies here. But I will allow you to find yourself a new Kyber Crystal. But in order to do so, you will have to rely on your other senses, and not the sense of sight. Instead of relying on the flesh that is your eyes, you must allow The Force to guide you where you can find your crystal."

"I understand," said Luke, "Obi-Wan taught me that method before. You know, not relying on your sight and relying on The Force to become aware of certain objects." Ahsoka got out a piece of cloth and gave it to Luke. "Cover this around your eyes," she instructed, "this is as far as I will go Luke. You are on your own for the rest of this. I will be here meditating and getting reacquainted with Master Windu. May The Force be with you, Luke Skywalker." Luke put on the blindfold and said, "thank you, Ahsoka." Luke then walked away to find his new Kyber Crystal.