Chapter 5: change of plans

Start from the beginning

"What?"

"Have you seen Gojo-sensei!? We can't find him!"

I sighed, "I'm not responsible for him. Why are you asking me?"

"Aw, Nanami! If anyone would know, it'd be you!"

I shook my head as I returned my gaze to the pages, "Well I don't know."

He sat down on the bench next to me, "Whatcha reading?"

"A book."

"Hmm. You like it?"

"Yes."

"Can I see it?"

I sighed as I passed it over to him. The fact that he was actually interested in a book wasn't something I could discourage, no matter how annoying it was.

As he flipped through the pages, a small card fell onto the ground.

"What's this?" he asked as he picked it up. "Eh? Y/n? That's the girl we met the other day right?"

I felt a little flustered as he stared at it, even though I didn't really have a good reason to be, "Yes. That's her."

"She's cute, huh sensei?" he teased with a smirk.

"You're a bit young for her."

He laughed loudly, "I meant for you!!"

I glanced over at him, not very amused with where this conversation was headed.

He took the hint, and handed the book back over to me, "Fine, fine. I'm just saying!"

"Relationships aren't that simple Itadori."

"Mm?" he titled his head as he looked at me. "Why not? If you like her, just ask her out."

I was not enjoying being lectured by a teenager, but he wasn't wrong... which made this even more annoying.

I quickly stood up, "I'll be back later."

He squealed as I walked away, "Ahh sensei! Go get her!!"

I couldn't believe I let a child somehow talk me into going to see her. That's what I get for not being able to just do it on my own.

I finished the book as I walked to the shop where she worked. She said she had classes in the morning, so I hoped she'd be working this afternoon.

If she wasn't, I didn't really know what I would do. Maybe just call her? Somehow that made me more nervous than just showing up.

I took a deep breath before I entered the store, and as I heard a loud familiar laugh, I instantly regretted it. Gojo was here... Of course he was.

I watched as she was pointing up at the top shelf, Gojo reaching up and trying to find the right place to put a book he was holding.

"No, to the left!" she called out. "Ugh, Gojo! Your other left!"

He laughed, "Ahh, you're so picky!"

She rolled her eyes and shook her head with a small smile as she turned around to face me. Her eyes widened, and her smile instantly brightened up as she saw me. It almost made me feel special.

It was the reaction I wanted, her happy to see me. But that was somehow overshadowed by Gojo's presence.

"Nanami!!" she said excitedly as she walked over.

Gojo turned and honestly looked just as annoyed to see me as I was to see him.

"I'm so glad you're here!" she smiled as she threw her arms around me for a hug.