Chapter 3

I don't know where I am. All I know is that the night is dark and the wind is stiff. I wasn't able to see anything, not even the city lights. Should I walk somewhere? Should I try to figure out where I am?

I follow my instincts and walk to something that feels like a door. I grab what seems to be a knob and I open the mysterious thing.

"Diana!" I hear a taunting voice. "Diana!" I hear it repeating numerous times. Fears starts to overcome me. No Diana, you do not get scared. Nothing scares you.

As much as I like to think I'm fearless, I was scared. I felt below me for stairs so I can follow the mysterious calling of my name. After a minute or so, I finally feel something. I'm not positive it's a stair or not, but I take my chances and put one foot in front of the other. Luckily, it was stairs.

The staircase went down. I thought the other place was as dark as it could get, but I was wrong. I think its the absence of the wind that made it feel darker.

"Hello?" I call out, hoping for an answer from the mysterious voice. "Hello?" I repeat again. "I know someone is here!" I begin to shake in fear. Diana, stop getting scared! This is not like you. I thought to myself over and over again even if it didn't help at all.

"Why hello Diana-Lei. I've been expecting you." The unfamiliar voice speaks. Who is this? Am I going crazy? That's all I could think about at the moment.

I seen a dark figure moving towards me and I had to think of what to do. I started to run but I couldn't find the staircase. Had it disappeared?

I tried to block out the sound of an evil laugh. It didn't help with the fear. It didn't help with anything at all. The mysterious person touched me and I felt darkness within me. Not the empty kind of dark, but darkness like something wicked or evil.

Evil. The word started to repeat in my head. Evil. Evil. Evil. What does this mean? Is this thing evil? Am I the evil one now? I can't be sure about any of the questions I ask myself.

"Come with me, Child." The voice speaks once more. How am I supposed to know where to go? It is completely dark.

Red dots started to appear where the staircase is. Did the stairs just happen to reappear? Everything was so confusing to me. I was lost and afraid.

I followed the red dots up the stairs. Is the thing in front of me or behind me? "The darkness has chosen you to join us." The thing is definitely ahead of me. What is he saying? I am assuming it's a guy because of the deep voice.

We reached the top of the stairs, the place where I started off. I kept walking, not sure of my path. "Here, Child." I walked towards the voice.

I feel a strong gust of wind. It blows the things hood off and I see it is actually a person. A guy like I expected, but what I didn't expect was the guy to look so familiar. I try to look harder and it finally comes to me; it's Jace.

Jace does more than touch me this time. He pushes me off the 200 story building we were on. He laughs his last evil laugh. I reach the concrete and blood gushes out my head. Before I knew it, I was dead.

I wake up in a sweat. I was on the floor. How did I get here? I must have fallen when I thought I fell in my dream. Brandon opens my door. "What the hell happened?" He looked a bit worried. "There was a big noise coming from here." I looked at him a blank expression on my face.

What just happened? I was probably as confused as he was. What did my dream mean? The same word kept repeating in my mind, evil.

"Sorry bro. It was just a nightmare. I guess I was scared I fell off my bed." We both exchanged weird looks and started to laugh.

"Diana-Lei got scared because of a nightmare. Who knew?" He walked away with a smirk on his face. Why does he have to be so annoying?

I get off the floor and go to the bathroom to wash the sleep out of my eyes. What time is it? I go back to my bedroom and look at my black digital alarm clock. Its only 6:57 and I'm as hungry as a hippo.

"BRANDON!" I yell even though his room is next door. I walk into his room. "Dude, I'm hungry." He gives me the rudest stink eye ever. Wow, he's either in a bad mood or I'm really annoying. I leave his room in annoyance. I didn't need his bad attitude after that horrid dream.

Instead of going back to my room, I go to the kitchen to look for food to make for myself. I walked to the white refrigerator that was next to the sink. I open the door and there is literally nothing but string cheese, milk, orange juice and crab sticks.

Although I don't want crab sticks, I'm going to have to manage. I grab the crab sticks and head towards our huge living room. I sit on the brown reclining chair and turn on the TV to channel 6, ABC.

Brandon walks in while I was shoving a crab stick into my mouth. "I'm ordering pizza from Papa John's. What kind of topping do you want?" He has no emotion in his voice for the first time. What had happened while I was sleeping?" I wanted to give him stink eye because I was annoyed but I didn't want to make him more mad then he seemed to be.

"Can we get supreme?" I ask as my mouth started to water. He nodded and started toward his room again. "You call it in though!" He yelled back.

I looked for the house phone which should have been in the kitchen on the charger but it wasn't. I asked Brandon where it was and it turns out it was in his room. Could someone he talked to piss him off that much?

I grab the phone and dial Papa John's number. Some lady answers and does the normal greeting and says the specials. Some of the specials sound really good like a medium ham and pineapple pizza. "No thanks." I say answering her question when she asked if I wanted any of the specials. "I'll have a large supreme pizza." I say in my fake girly voice.

"Will you be picking it up or would you like it delivered ma'am?" She asked. I looked outside and it was raining. "Delivery, please." I say and she says okay followed by the asking of my address. Our food would be here in about 20 minutes. She didn't mention the total so I had to ask. $15.99.

I grab the money from Brandon and I hold on to it till the pizza delivery comes. To contain my hunger, I distracted myself by watching TV. I was watching Grey's Anatomy, one of my favorite shows of all time.

Ding dong. Ding dong. I hear the bell ring. I take the money out of my pocket and I walk and open the door. I see him and I immediately freeze. It's Jace. He smiles at me and I try to smile back. I was afraid, but why? Because of my dream?

"Hey." says Jace as he starts to look at my arms. His smile disappears at the sight of my cutting scars. I hand him the money and grab the pizza from him. I didn't want to cause too much attention to my cutting. "Keep the change, Jace." I create a fake smile. "Have a good night." He starts walking toward the red Honda civic. That's too much of a nice car to be delivering pizza in. "Bye Diana. Have a good night as well." He said after turning around to face me.

Jace is a mystery. A mystery I want to figure out. One I want to know better. Things will soon change. Everything will be different.

AN // I am so sorry for not updating in 2 months!!!!! I promise to try and update as much as possible! This chapter was really sucky and sort of had no purpose whatsoever. Maybe 😏. I write as I go, I don't plan anything. I hope the next few chapters will be more interesting. I most likely will start adding quotes or poems from "My Book Of Poetry" by me. You should go check that out too 😂 if you like Already Gone so far, add it to your library, vote, follow, share it with your friends, do whatever! 😊 Thank you for your time and support 😘 until next time my friends. OH AND THERE MIGHT BE A LOT OF GRAMMAR ERRORS CAUSE I SUCK AT GRAMMAR YENNO 😂😂