The 1962 Alcatraz Prison Escape.

This is one of my most spectacular mystery from my diary. And I hope you guys will like this one.

Introduction :-

       The June 1962 Alcatraz was an jail breakout attempt by American criminals Frank Morris, Clarence Anglin, and John Anglin. The escapees tried to attempt this escape by using an inflatable raft as this prison is located on an island.

Previous attempts :-

        Overall 14 escape attempts by 36 different inmates of Alcatraz were made. John Paul Scott, an Alcatraz inmate was able to escape the prison in December, 1962. He was caught at fort point on the San Francisco side. Other escape were recaptured or they were killed by the guards.

Frank Morris :-

        Full name : Frank Lee Morris. Morris was born in Washington DC on September 1, 1926. He was orphaned in his teenage and he committed his first crime when he was 13. Morris met Anglin brothers at Atlanta federal penitentiary. He arriver at Alcatraz, becoming prisoner AZ1441 on January 3, 1960.

Allen West :-

       Allen West was born on March 25, 1925. West met Anglin brothers and Morris on the Atlanta penitentiary and then was sent to Alcatraz as prisoner AZ1335 in 1957, being charged with attempting escape.
      West was unable to escape Alcatraz with Anglin brothers and Morris as he was unable to go through the hole that the escapees made. West remained in his cell during the escape. FBI interrogated West in which he provided full details of the escape.

Anglin brothers :-

        Clarence was born on May 11, 1931 and John was born on May 2, 1930. They started robbing banks and were arrested in 1956. They were sent to Atlanta state penitentiary. They made unsuccessful escape attempts were and consequently sent to Alcatraz.
John was prisoner AZ1476 and he arrived on October 21, 1960 and Clarence was prisoner AZ1495 and he arrived on January 10, 1961.

The escape :-

          Morris, West and Anglin brothers started the planning by September 1961.
          Escapees fabricated dummy heads from a mixture of toilet paper soap, and real hair. They placed these dummies on the bed to fool the prison officers making night time inspections.
They made a small hole using spoon, in the wall of their cell. It took almost an year to make the hole. They crawled through these hole and entered an unused corridor. West was left behind. They used  ventilation shaft to reach roof and there they climbed down the roof top. Then they crossed the prison fence and assembled the day that they made using standard-issues rubber raincoats and contact cements. They filled air in the raft and at around 10 p.m. they climbed abroad, shoved off, and started paddling.