That storm is what she used to block out the questions.

They weren't questions the police station (that they had been in many times)  would normally ask them.

"Where'd you get the dagger kid?"

"Where'd you get the spray paint?"

"Where'd you get the gun powder and the sparklers in April?"

These were more so . . . pity like.

Like it was a therapy session.

They didn't need therapy.

They would just bottle their emotions until they exploded then start over on the clean slate. (That was one rule of their mom's that they broke).

Not exactly healthy but it worked!

Vittoria glared at the two men before her as they sighed and left.

She could feel the eyes on her from the other side of the glass, and she chose a spot on the wall to stare at.

Vittoria and Vincenzo didn't react well to change.

Five brothers was a big change.

They weren't going to be brats about the situation, but this was fucking ridiculous.

Vincenzo grunted as the officers moved him to the room where Vittoria was being held.

As he neared the room, he saw a silhouette of a guy with striking blue eyes and brunette hair staring holes into the mirror in front of him.

He was analyzing Vittoria.

Vincenzo had seen many people look at his sister like that and it annoyed him to no end.

"Hey fucker!" He yelled as he was ten feet away
"Keep staring at my sister like that, and i'll gut ya." He smirked as the officers practically shoved him through the doors and turned to apologize to the man who looked shocked to his core.

"Vera." He said addressing her by her middle name randomly (he did that a lot) as he nodded his head casually.

"Vero." She said in return.

"How much you wanna bet that dude was our brother?" She questioned randomly making him turn to her.

"How'd you know there was a dude out there?" He furrowed his brows.

"You're not exactly a quiet person, my dear twin." She grinned sarcastically, finally letting her emotions peek through her mask.

"Damn right." He scoffed before banging his fingers against the metal table in a drumming manor.

"Why're you anxious?" She asked, noticing his leg bounce up and down for the twentieth time that minute.

Vincenzo quietly cursed himself.

She knew him to well.

"I-I'm not i-it's just" He sighed trying to find the right words "What if they c-come back?" He fearfully asked and glanced at her.

Her eyes glazed over and hardened almost instantly.

"They will never hurt us again." She spoke firmly.

"W-Well moms d-dead now, and we're going to live with fucking strangers, Vitt!" He whisper-yelled and tried not to focus on the honey eyes that were blazing with anger.

"We don't know that she's dead." She said.

"Vitt-" He tried but she interrupted.

"I made a promise. When have I ever broke my promises ZoZo?" She raised a brow.

"Never." He sighed, defeated.

"Exactly." She grinned "Now chill out, and stop giving our potential brother a front row ticket to the emotions show." She said as she noticed the roller coaster of emotions they both went through in a few minutes.

In return, Vincenzo nodded and let his mask slip back on, only for the door to open once again.

————————————————————————

what wattpad books are y'all reading the most rn?? (genre)

i honestly get hyped for this type of book that i'm writing sooo🏃‍♀️💨
comment, vote, and follow!!!
<3