Chapter 13

Ebere rubbed her sweaty palms against her red gown,she was really nervous sitting opposite her one time crush. The red gown hugged all get curves and had a v-neck that exposed a little cleavage. She never knew she had such clothes in her wardrobe until Gift came over,the little rat didn't even allow her to finish,she had picked a dress,shoe and a matching purse.

"You look beautiful I must confess" Jidenna complimented. He was wearing a simple tuxedo and he really looked dashing, not like there was ever a time he didn't look dashing. He had the looks and body of a model.

"Thank you" Ebere replied and averted her gaze from him as she took a quick swipe over the fancy  restaurant he had brought her too. Time didn't allow her know the name but the interior was totally fascinating,fancy light bulbs,the array of meals and snacks displayed via the showcase was tempting. The cool breeze coming from the air conditioner and the soft music,Ebere liked it,somehow they managed to keep everything simple but yet classy. They weren't so much people in the restaurant,so Ebere felt a little bit at ease.

"You are nervous" Jidenna said,it wasn't a question. He stared right in her eyeballs daring her to counter him.

"And why would you say that?"

"You've been running your hands over your dress,eat up darling,your food would soon get cold"Jidenna said with a little smile.

" I am not your darling"

He only laughed at her childish reply and took a spoonful of his rice.

"So how is life treating you? Got a boyfriend?" Jidenna asked.

" No,you? Don't you dare lie"Ebere had the threatening look on her face.

" You remind me of her"

"Who?"

"Tamara"

There was a brief silence, Ebere sipping slowly from her glass while her eyes were still fixed on him and on his part he stopped eating. Ebere recognized the soft music playing at the background,No stress by Wizkid.

"My jam" Jidenna muttered.

"You don't look like one who listens to Nigerian songs anymore"

" So am supposed to be carrying a placard on my head indicating I listen to them?"

" Haha,very funny"Ebere rebuffed him.

" You are still sassy as ever. Tamara,you remind me of her."

"Where is she now?" Ebere found herself asking.

" She died last year"

There was a brief silence that was only interrupted by the waiter when he came to serve dessert.

"I'm sorry"

"It's fine"

"You should wear more these clothes you know,red looks hot on you and damn,you really have a killer body"

" You don't know what you are talking about"Ebere chuckled.

" I'm serious"He replied. Ebere looked into his eyes and saw the seriousness in them but then she looked away,it was unsettling.

Another of Wizkids song started playing again.

"Still crushing on Wizkid?" He asked and Ebere smiled,the grin really wide.

" I've gotten over it"

Jidenna cocked his eyebrows dramatically and Ebere laughed. Yes,there was once a time she was crushing hard on the singer,it didn't help matters that the singer was cute and she still liked him but the craziness had reduced.