Levi stared at us in puzzlement. "What?"

"We're friends now," I said.

"Excuse me? You literally just traded insults."

"She's much less annoying than you," I remarked. Calla nodded in agreement. "You talk way too much, and you're incredibly childish."

"I feel a sudden need to apologize."

"I'm waiting," Calla and I said in a disgustful unison that I actually wasn't all that bothered by.

"Sorry?"

"For being annoying," I said.

"Sorry for being annoying?"

Calla and I smiled. "Your apology is accepted."

"This was a bad idea," he mumbled.

"What was?" I asked.

"Bringing Calla."

"No, in my opinion, it was a pretty smart move."

"Was it, though?"

"Yep. Now I won't lose as many brain cells when talking to you, because she'll just make me regain them."

"What?"

"She said that being with you is especially a nuisance and me being here is stopping her from losing her mind," Calla said, arms crossed. Levi glared at her, making me raise my eyebrows in surprise.

"Did he just glare at you?" I asked.

Calla blinked. "Yeah. He does it all the time."

I turned to him. "Excuse me?"

"Forgive him for not being as rude to you," Calla said, a smirk on her face. "He enjoys giving you special treatment."

Levi's glare deepened.

"Are you from around here?" I asked, ignoring both her and my flaming cheeks.

"Duh. The city is huge, of course I am. I live by Faustina's."

"So you know your way around here?"

"Yep. I bike at least twice a week. I know almost everybody here, but I don't know my way around this particular area," she paused before adding, "once we make it to the park, I can lead you to Maxi's."

"Woah," I said. "We've got a human google maps."

"I'm leaving if that's what you're going to call me. We're by the park now so I know my way back," she threatened.

"No!" I cried. "Please don't leave me with the demon."

She stared behind me at Levi, who was occupied with following a squirrel. She then shrugged. "Alright."

Soon enough we did make it to Maxi's, and I was genuinely surprised, because I didn't even know there was a Maxi's near my house. The girl at the counter looked up and stared at us with bored eyes. "Welcome to Maxi's Fare, what can I get you?"

"I brought twenty bucks so we can each get a drink," Calla said. "I'll have a pink lemonade with a marshmallow stick."

"Um, a muffin?" I stuttered. I wasn't used to going to restaurants or cafe's without my mom there to order for me.

"I said drink." Calla reminded me, handing the girl seven dollars for her lemonade. It costed way too much, in my opinion, considering the other options of food and drinks.

"Aren't muffins like, six bucks?" I asked. "That still leaves about seven dollars for Levi to buy something."

"Okay fine," she mumbled. "I wanted to save up some money but sure, let's just use all my allowance."