The woman bared her teeth at Kasia, but finally snarled, "Fine."

Kasia's lips curled up in a satisfied grin as she yanked the knife from the Twi'lek's side. "Awesome." Not giving the Twi'lek a moment to act upon the thought which sprung to the forefront of her mind—that being unsheathing the hidden knife in her sleeve and splitting Kasia's jugular in two (a truly lovely image if Kasia did say so herself)—Kasia brough the bottom of her knife to hit the side of the woman's forehead.

At the impact, Xi'an eyes rolled into the back of her head as she collapsed with a small thud. Kasia fought her smirk.

Great, another body to carry, Yrel complained silently. Kasia ignored him.

"Are you okay?" she asked Din with wide eyes which fixed instantly on Xi'an's knife jutting out from his shoulder. Instinctively, Kasia made her way forward, her hand rising to the end of the protruding blade and grasping it before it occurred to her to check for his permission.

Din watched Kas with parted lips as she moved to pull the dagger from his shoulder, nodding once when she looked up at him in confirmation. As she yanked out the blade, he only winced, the pain minimal to that which he had endured in the past.

Still, he found himself saying, in a voice which held a little too much annoyance, "Ouch."

His heart did a somersault as Kas glanced up at him with an impish grin, her eyes crinkling at the corners as she retorted, "Wow, you got stabbed and it hurt? What a fucking surprise."

Din rolled his eyes under his helmet as Kasia turned back to Xi'an's unconscious body, the smile slipping from her lips as she sulked. "I don't suppose we can just leave her out here? There's a good chance she'll end up in a cell anyways."

"No."

Kasia pouted. "You're no fun."

"Says you."

"Oh please. I'm the motherfucking life of the party and we both know it."

*.*.*

Kasia could feel Mayfeld's anxiety rolling off of him in large waves long before she saw him through the flashing darkness. He was tense as he walked cautiously forward, blasters extended in both hands and his weird shooting-backpack-thingy also engaged.

"You should get one of those for your suit," Kasia whispered to Mando under her breath as they crept forward, nodding towards the configuration. "Might help compensate for the lacking jetpack."

Shut up, came his response, though Kasia knew the words were spoken silently with amusement rather than annoyance.

Kasia watched as Mayfeld jumped at a passing mouse droid, stifling a laugh as he gave a small exclamation of noise at the sudden scare. He really was a wimp. Not to mention a piss poor Sabacc player.

"I got this one," Kas whispered to Din before she strolled forward at a quicker rate, not allowing him a moment to argue.

Don't do anything stupid, he merely cautioned her silently.

In response as she made her way forward, melting into the onyx and crimson shadows between the periodic pulses of light, Kasia tossed one last look over her shoulder, her eyebrows raised as if to say, am I ever not cautious?

Era'lyn bwe ane, Yrel reminded her pointedly as he noticed the look, the words the first half of an Eulentian proverb.

The end of the phrase rose instinctively in Kasia's mind, and she finished the proverb silently, era'ebabwe yren.