Julia slowly opens her eyes. She knows she has slept like three hours with Jake, and many more that night, but she really feels weak. The fever is always high, and her head spins a lot. The cough is bad too. She lets Jake move away from her, stretching her arms above her head, bringing then her hands to her stomach. Since the pregnant bum started to really show up, she can't help but think about it all the time.

Jake takes his jacket and puts it on. "damn, Julia. My arm fell asleep under the weight of you two", he says pointing at her stomach. "I'm not feeling it anymore. You trying to sabotage my career as a guitarist, uh?".

She laughs a little. "idiot", she says and he walks to her again, kissing her head. "you know I'm leaving tomorrow, I will be back in two days. I'll call you as soon as possible". She nods lightly. "and goodbye to you too", Jake says leaning closer to her stomach, "my beautiful Jamie boy", he continues kissing it lightly through her shirt.

He greets Peter politely, then leaves. Peter walks to Julia's bed, sitting down on a chair. "we have the results of your latest exams". And Julia knows, she feels it. "they are not good, Julia".

She verts her eyes down to her lap. She knew sooner or later those words would come out of his mouth, but she wasn't ready. She sits there a few minutes without talking, and Peter Lovell waits for her to speak first, giving her time.

"what will happen?", she then asks looking back at him. her eyes are sad, Peter almost wants to hug her, just like he always did with his daughters when they fall off their bikes.

Peter has never found so difficult to tell something. Julia urges him to speak. "Some minor infections are gone, that's good news", he says.

"But?", Julia asks. He takes a deep breath. "Some others got worst, unfortunately". He proceeds talking about the exams they took, how things got worst, what kinds of new medicines she is gonna take, how they will help her.

She is hearing him talk, but not really listening. Julia looks at him. "Why do I have all of those things in me?", she asks with shaken voice. peter sighs. "Your body is not in the best shape ever, it's weak and doesn't really try to fight against anything that attacks it".

Julia closes her eyes. "How is it gonna end?", she asks with a faint voice. doctor Lovell tries to smile. "Just keep going and take your meds and exams. Don't stress too much, just focus on the good things, like you always do. And if you happen to feel something weird, you call me right away, understood?".

Julia nods. "I feel a lot weak lately", she says in a whisper. Peter nods. "I know, but you can do this. You are so strong, believe me. keep being that for you, your Jake and your baby inside of you". he pauses then starts again. "Keep on going until Jamie's birth, then you will regain a lot of your strength and everything will be easier".

She nods lightly. "March is far away", she says, smiling. Peter nods as well. "I know, but you've already been inside of here for three months, you can get there. And I promise everything will be better then".

Julia smiles. "I will do that, stay positive, keep going". Then she moves a little on the bed, sitting with her feet on the floor. "What are you doing now?", she asks the doctor.

He knows what she is trying to do, he learnt with time how to read her intentions. "Guess I'll take a walk with you somewhere". She laughs lightly, she knew he would understand. They get out of the room, walking to the garden outside. Julia gets tired, and they sit on a bench there. No one is around them, the December hair is a bit cold. But they are both wrapped up in their coats, Julia even has a blanket on her body.

"Isn't it so beautiful?", Julia asks closing her eyes.

"What?", Peter asks. "Everything", she simply says. "The sun, the grass, the sky. The wind, the people. Life".