I finally put the pieces together.

"This must be..." I started. "My mom's house." Lilly finished. Still staring at the woman in the window.

"And that must be..." I started again. "My mother." She finished.

I leaned back in my seat, and studied Lilly. Her face slightly puffy, from crying. And her hands shaking like leaves in the middle of a tornado.

After a few moments, the woman, being her mom, finally disappeared behind the curtains, out of sight. And Lilly stared down at her hands. Placed neatly on her knees.

After a few moments of silence. "Wanna talk about it?" I asked, quietly.

She sighed. "You know, there's not really much to say." She rubbed her legs nervously. "I told my mom the truth. We got in a little argument, she told me to leave, and I left."

"Is this about dropping out of school?" I asked.

She shook her head. "No. It wasn't really that." She shook her head and huffed. "I just don't want to talk about it anymore."

I nodded, understanding. "Okay."

Then, slowly and cautiously, I reached my hand over to hers. Holding it tight.

She grasped my hand as hers began to slowly stop shaking. She finally gave a microscopic smile to our hands.

It was better than no smile at all.

"Wanna go somewhere?" I asked.

She nodded. "Anywhere, but here."

-

-

With Lilly's hand in one hand, I pushed the door open to the rooftop of Patterson's Petals, with the other.

"Now, It was supposed to be more planned out than this, but you called a little earlier than I expected our date to be." I said, as I lead her to the table for two I had set up, this morning before getting my script.

I had draped the table with a white sheet, I had in my linen closet. Clean of course. And I bought a few picnic snacks, and a bottle of wine.

"Happy 1 month, 3 week, and 4 day, anniversary." I said jokingly.

"Awh Tom. This is so sweet. You did this all for me?" She said, sounding a little bit more like herself.

"Who else would I do it for?" I said and kissed her cheek gently.

"You're amazing." She said, grinning.

She looked down at the centerpiece, being roses of course. She picked one out of the vase and put it to her nose. Still smiling.

I watched her every move. Not being able to take my eyes off of her beautiful self. "Now, do you really like roses as much as I think you do. Or did I just assume it to be more important of a fact, than it actually is?"

She laughed softly. Putting the rose back in the vase and pouring wine into the two glasses on the table. "No I really do enjoy roses." She gave me a glass as she held her own. "I just like them more now a days."

I took the glass. "What do you mean?"

She walking over to the side of the building. She leaned against the ledge and looked out at the sky. Sun just beginning to set.

I followed. The building wasn't high enough for me to be afraid of heights.

She shrugged. "I don't know. I've always enjoyed roses. They've always been my favorite. But, they never really meant anything to me, until you came along."