Ch. 35; Retaliation

En başından başla

In the midst of this silence, Sasha's family begged to return home but were advised to stay until it was safe to escape. Jean grit his teeth, "I've been saying he's a threat from the time I was in the training corps, Eren is going to lead us into hell. He's a bastard", Armin closed his eyes in defeat, thinking the decision had been made. But Jean continued, "And I was jealous of that bastard, because he was so cool, it pisses me off to no end... but I don't want him dying just yet", Armin opened his eyes, his face gleamed with hope. Everyone came to a unanimous decision, and were headed off to fight to protect Eren once more. However, as they ascended to gear up, they were stopped by cadets with guns pointing at their faces. But Aila has had enough of the military's bullshit, she reached down and grabbed the nearest cadet, lifting him off his feet and staring him in his eyes with nothing but pure rage, "Tell me recruit, are you gonna put your life on the line to stop us from saving the great Eren Jaeger?  If not, then fight Marley with us and all the soldiers here, or you can die here and now", the cadet shook in fear. Aila dropped him, he and the other cadets ran and opened every cell, letting all soldiers out from them. Once the soldiers were free, Pixis, who was among them, ordered every soldier without black armbands to use the ODM gear available, and the rest will fight the Marleyans on the front lines. Annie and Aila were left to gear up on their own, as they did, Annie couldn't help but mention Aila's silence and rage. "Ail... please, don't become consumed by your rage like Eren.. let it all out on the battlefield today", Annie begged with concern, Aila let out a hard sigh as she finished tightening the last buckle, "I know... I will, I won't EVER become like Eren, I swear it". When Annie finished, she walked over to Aila, embracing her and sinking into her chest, they looked into each others eyes and kissed deeply and lovingly one last time before meeting the others, and heading up to the battle.

As they walked to the roof of the building, they were met by Yelena sitting on the ledge of the building cross legged, gazing up at the airships with a smile. She soon noticed their arrival, she stared them all in the eyes, then motioned above her, pointing out the smoking and flaming airship above their heads. Suddenly, BOOM! An explosion was heard, an airship had fallen directly blocking the entrance to Shiganshina. Yelena looked at the flaming aircraft with a smile, "The gate to Shiganshina district... has been blocked. Zeke has taken down their ships, the moment that will change history.. is near", she said sounding dazed. Eren could be seen walking towards the wall, Reiner came up from behind him, charging at him with full speed, but just as he was about to tackle Eren, BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Zeke had thrown rocks from atop the wall, crushing Reiner to bits. Sasha stared out at the fight, "Do they... really need our help?", she asked amazed and horrified at once. Marco noticed something, "Why is Zeke here?! There's NO way captain Levi would EVER let him go, hey... what happened to the captain and Hange?", he asked with a fear. Yelena looked at them from her side, smiling all the while, "I think we can assume this means Zeke defeated them. He has appeared here, now, just as he promised Eren", Connie's eyes widened with horror, "That's impossible!". Armin let out a low growl, "I wish we didn't have to, but we have no choice! It's the only way for Zeke and Eren to save the world! We need to join the Jaegerists and help put them together!", everyone but Aila jumped back from Armin. As he turned around to see why they were frightened, he was met by Yelena glaring down at him with an angry expression. But to their surprise, it changed to a smile with tears in her eyes, "Please help Eren and Zeke, I believe in you, Armin", she said as she looked down on him. Armin and the others were scared out of their minds, not wanting to stay near her for another moment, they fled off on their gear and headed to help Eren.

They soon were met by Marleyan soldiers shooting at them, forcing them to stop for cover. Jean and the others shot thunder spears at them, blowing as many as they could away. Mikasa turned to Aila and Annie, "I think we're gonna need the guard and female's help to get to Eren", they nodded. Just as they stood and were about to slice their fingers on their rings, WHOOSH! CRACK! Ymir had shown up just in time, taking the soldiers down with a swift swipe of her hand as Nanaba and Gelgar rode on her back. She looked down at her friends, "ARE YOU ALRIGHT?", she asked through her titan, they all nodded, thanking her for the save. Sasha jumped at a realization, "Wait Histor-" "Was moved to a safer undisclosed location only the three of us know of, she's safe", Nanaba explained. They all sighed in relief, "DAMN IT EREN! WHAT STUPID SHIT HAVE YOU DONE NOW!? IF THESE BASTARDS DON'T KILL YOU, I WILL AFTER ALL THIS!", Ymir shouted through her titan, angry that Eren and the Jaegerists had put the citizens of Paradis in danger but recklessly fighting. Just as they were about to zip off to Eren, BOOM! An anti titan bullet pierced Zeke's nape, making him fall to the ground below. The shot came from the cart titan's canon on her back, though the corpse was steaming, Pieck was well alive and so was Magath. Eren desperately ran to help Zeke but was stopped when another shell from the canon pierced his leg, BOOM! Another was fired, hitting just above his nape. "It's the cart titan! We need to deal with her first!", Armin shouted as he stood to zip off, Mikasa yanked him back, "ARMIN!", POP! POP! Two bullets had been fired from a window in the building across from them, BOOM! Connie shot a thunder spear into it, blowing the soldiers to bits. Connie landed just next to them, "We need to deal with the soldiers first! The houses are full of them!" "No, look!", Aila said as she pointed down at the road. There commander Pixis and tens of other black banded soldiers came charging at full speed, ready to take down the soldiers in the homes.