Chapter 5: Why?

(Word Count: 1391)

Third Point of View

Saved by the bell Samantha slowly sneaked back into the math room, in which she now has to see Baldimore again. 

She arrived only 3 minutes late, to which Baldimore questioned Sam where she's been, even though he knew himself.

"Miss Mcroid, you're 3 minutes late. Where have you been?" He asked coldly.

This sets Samantha off, but remained silent, "He just had the nerve to just pretend that whole chasing thing didn't happen?! Seriously? What's this guy's deal?!"

"Well, are you going to explain or not? Because I can gladly send you to detention if you're not cooperating," Ben said while smirking.

She snapped, "You chased me around the whole damn school! And now you're just here asking where the hell I was, even though you clearly knew yourself?! Why should I even be the one to apologise?!"

The class was silent, no one said a word, not even the bullies that made fun of her. The atmosphere was filled with nothing but eerie stares from the other students. Baldimore walked forward towards Sam, now looming over her, "Are you questioning my authority? 'Cause if so, this can really affect your mark Mcroid. Please see me after class, and take your seat. Now."

Despite being livid, Sam sucks it up, she felt the disappointment that Baldi had now given her, "I guess I never really learned my lesson..." Sam thought.

During the rest of class, Samantha couldn't focus on the lesson. She was too busy on to what might've happened if she never came into the school earlier, would she still have the nice and kind math teacher if she never went inside?

"Mcroid! Are you paying attention?" Baldimore asked so loudly that everyone could hear.

"Uh- um... sorry, w-what was it again?" She nervously responded.

"Nine times eight, what's the answer? Is this easy enough for you?" He asked condescendingly.

"Yes, it's s-seventy-two. Obviously!" Sam responded.

"'Obviously' you say? Well how about this? Write the answer to this question," Ben pulls out a sheet of paper with a math question, and slides it to Samantha on her desk, "If you can finish this by the end of class, you won't have to stay."

She picks up the paper confusingly, "What is up with this guy? Does he really hate me that badly?" As Sam starts to read the paper, questions start to appear more than just answers in her mind. "Wait... why are they mixed up? Why are the numbers and letters just written over each other?"

Sam raises her hand, "Sir, I think there's a problem with the question."

Baldimore scoffs, "My questions never have problems, figure it out!"

"No really, I can't see what I'm supposed to solve here!" She exclaims.

"Like I said: Figure.It.Out." He said sternly.

"Oh no... not again..." Jaden whispered, it sounded as if he knew what was going to happen.

Baldi jerked his head over to the boy, "And what was that Mr. Nelson?"

"N-Nothing sir!" He went back to writing.

(Bell rings)

Everyone went out of the classroom, all for except Samantha. She was still stuck trying to figure out the mess of the equation, Baldimore was no help since he wouldn't even try to. In desperation to leave, Sam only wrote the first number that came to mind.