𝙵 𝙾 𝚄 𝚁

Start from the beginning

Mikasa just seemed bored—while Armin looked extremely nervous, quickly glancing between Eren and Jean to see how bad things might get. It wasn't unusual for them to get into a brawl every so often—as ridiculous as it was. But I didn't blame Jean one bit for getting into it with him. There have been more times than I can count where I wanted to hit Eren myself. He must've been in some angsty mood or something today—or everyday.

Armin made eye contact with you and mouthed 'I'm sorry' shaking his head ever so slightly.
I smiled at him appreciatively. Why couldn't Eren be more like Armin?

"Thanks," I said flatly, facing Eren again. "I'm sure we'll have a hell of a lot more fun than you." Before Jean could do or say something extremely stupid for the both of us, I went to grab my boyfriend's arm, silently telling him to keep it together. "We'll be going now though." I paused. "See you Monday, Ereh," I said sweetly as I gave him my fakest smile.

"Oh, don't you start sweet-talking me—"

Jean and I had already turned to leave. I cut him off by throwing him the finger over my head without looking back.

——————————————————————————

"—I should've gone after him right then and there." Jean wouldn't stop rambling about it the entire walk to his place.

"You know, you shouldn't be giving in to what he says, Jean," I said from beside him, raising my eyebrow as I looked up at him from beside me.

"Oh yeah, like you never give in?" He glared down at me. He had a point—even hearing Eren talk triggered me in some way I couldn't explain.

"At least I don't jump at him the way you do!"

Jean mumbled something to himself, and I gripped his arm. "Eren knows how easily annoyed you get, that's what makes it so fun to him. It's why he'll just go out of his way to come after you," I laughed. "He was probably just bored."

"Whatever," Jean said, all pouty-like. I tried not to smile. Boys can be so dramatic. "So...what movie did you wanna watch?" He asked, changing the subject as we continued walking.

"Oh, I'm good with pretty much anything."

"But every time I pick, you're never interested in what we're watching."

"I just don't watch many movies, that's all. They aren't really my thing—you know that."

"Apparently, nothing's 'your thing' anymore." he mumbled, turning away.

I tried to ignore what he said, despite the flash of guilt it caused. "Just pick what you want, Jean. I'm fine with whatever you like."

I really can't stop disappointing him, can I? I looked down at the gravel path, my steps all of the sudden feeling heavier than usual. I really just wasn't good enough for Jean. I knew that. He knew that, too. But I didn't know how to be good enough. I just didn't understand why he still stuck around with me.

We walked the rest of the way in silence until we arrived at his house. Jean's parents weren't home, and his little brother was still in daycare, so we made our way up to his room.

I walked in first, taking in the large bedroom—at least double the size of my own. Jean wasn't necessarily rich, but his family sure was. He had such nice things, so much of it he never even touched. He only seemed to interact with his bed and playstation.

I took off my jacket and put it on the chair at his desk. I slid my boots off and laid them beside my bag on the floor. Jean followed me in the room and locked the door behind him. He walked over to his windows across the room, opening up the blinds and letting in the afternoon sun seep through.