1

HAILEY'S POV

I stared aimlessly at my feet, which were resting on the edge of my dads desk. Today I had to walk to his office building and wait for him to drive me to his house when his day was over. Today was his day with me.
I sighed, cracking my knuckles. This was always so damn boring. For the past hour I've been all alone listening to phones ring in other cubicles, and playing with little gadgets and things on my dads desk.
I have to sit here and wait basically 4 days a week after my work at the bakery on the corner. But that's what happens with divorced parents.
I picked up a pencil again and doodled on the desk.
After a few minutes I felt the wind of multiple people walking quickly by the cubical. I looked behind me, expecting to see my dad, but no one was there. I lightly groaned, rubbing my temples in aggravation.
I got up, looking around the big room of cubicles, seeing my dad in the conference room way across the room. It didn't look like it was ending anytime soon.
I sighed, and walked down the hall. I usually didn't go walking around, but I was just so damn bored.
My dad worked for a company that was involved with law. He isn't anything cool like a cop or lawyer, he's one of those guys who file all the reports and stuff and store all the evidence.
I pushed the glass door open with my back, walking off into one of the filing rooms. I loved looking through some of these files. They were all of the records of murder and robbery cases and stuff.
I fished through some of them, pulling out a few and reading them.
Andreas Weiss- robbery spree, killed 1 officer, Kyle Greene. Sentenced for 50 years. Committed suicide in cell in 2011.
I put the file back, moving on into the F's
Allison Friedman- murdered husband johnathan Friedman, claims "He abused and cheated me". two daughters, Janet Friedman, Amanda Friedman.
I scanned through the isles, my eyes catching a file sticking up from the bin. I furrowed my eyebrows, reading the tab. I've read this one before. I could never read the whole thing. It made me sick. I took it out and read the cover.
Luke Hemmings- Arrested in 2011, 2013 and 2015. Charged for murder, robbery, human trafficking, kidnapping, etc. Escaped from east hannigan penitentiary 3 times. Most recently, February 4th, 2016.
Not seen since.
I jumped, a loud siren screaming through the room. Fear pulsed in my veins, as I dropped the file, and looked around me. What was happening?
I could hear shouting from outside through the screaming siren. I quickly walked down the long hallway of files, breathing quickly.
Just as I reached for the door, a hand grabbed my wrist roughly.
I opened my mouth to scream, but it was quickly muffled.
I viciously squirmed, an arm wrapping tightly around my waist and arms.
Hot tears ran from my eyes, as I tried to scream and get out of this man's grip.
I was pulled backward and swung around, my back hitting the wooden shelf.
I locked eyes with the man, his hands glued to my mouth and my arms, keeping me pinned to the shelf. He stared at me coldly, a sinister smile curving across his lips.
"Looks like you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, huh doll face?" His breath was hot against my face.
I stopped squirming, staring at him with a hateful glare.
"I don't got a whole lot of time here doll face, so you're gonna show me where my pal Aaron Satoga's file is yeah?" His arm removed from my hands, and reached behind his back. He pulled out a gun, and held it to my stomach. I scrunched away feeling the cold barrel press against me. I screamed, shaking my head yes as fast as I could.
"Good girl." He chuckled, swinging my body around so the gun was pressed to my back, his hand still muffling my heavy sobs.
"Go on, Walk!" He barked in my ear. I screamed, Shuffling my feet in the direction of the S category.
I remembered reading Aaron Satoga's file a long time ago. I know it was recently updated.
I lead him to the S shelf and pulled out the SAT bin. I pulled the tab with his name on it, and handed it to the man.
"Good girl." He repeated lowly in my ear, looking over the file with one hand. I tried to break out of his grasps knowing the gun was off of me, but it was no use.
"Shhhh. Don't try me doll face." He chuckled again. He closed the file, shoving it into a bag he was carrying on his back.
He turned me around, staring at me closely, twirling the gun on his finger.
Tears nearly blinded me as I desperately tried to get my face free from his hand.
"Such a fighter you are huh?" He still had that sickening sinister smile on his face that made me cower in fear.
I viciously bawled into his hand.
He chuckled and pulled me forward so that I was walking in front of him, his gun pressed against my neck.
He pushed open the door into the hall, forcing me to walk. Everything was chaos, people ran rabidly all over, screams of terror rang through the air.
Suddenly a bunch of gunshots echoed all over, followed by more screams, including my own muffled one.
The man forced me into the conference room, where I was overwhelmingly happy to see my dad, kneeling on the floor along with 4 others.
"Sit tight doll face." He aggressively whispered in my ear before shoving me to my knees, finally letting me go.
I gasped for air, now being able to fully breath, coughing on the floor.
"Tie her hands." The man commanded to one of the 2 other giant men standing in the room with guns and other weapons on them. One grabbed me and forced my arms behind my back, tying them together with plastic ties.
The man walked out of the room, and I inched as fast as I could to my dad.
"Thank god you're okay Hailey oh my god." He connected his forehead with mine in relief.
"Daddy what's going on? I'm so scared." I sobbed, my voice scratchy and tired.
"I don't know honey. It's ok, we're gonna be fine, I promise." He looked at me as though he was questioning himself too.
The 2 men mumbled something to themselves, staring down at us like dogs.
"Daddy are they going to kill us?" I said barely above a whisper.
"Shh Don't talk like that, we'll be ok. Don't you worry-" He was cut off when the man stormed back into the room.
"We're done here, let's go." He said to the two men.
"What do we do with them boss?" One asked, referring to us and the others in the room.
The man scanned the room, until he locked eyes with me. I cowered away from his stare, inching closer to my dad.
He did that smile again. I knew what he was thinking. It made a horrible chill run across my skin.
"What do you think about a little house guest boys?" He grinned.
I shook my head as fast as I possibly could. My bottom lip shook in fear.
"Aw, don't look so afraid doll face, I'll take good care of you." He walked towards me, his eyes growing darker, like he had a hunger for me.
"No please!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, trying desperately to get away from him.
"Don't you touch my fucking daughter!" My dad tried to attack the man with all the strength he had.
the man turned to him, shoving the barrel of his gun to his head. I screamed.
"Stop please!" I shrieked.
"Now I wouldn't like to shoot you in front of the princess. So why don't you keep your mouth shut and sit still." The man hissed in his face.
A lump formed in my throat, his head turning back to me.
I couldn't inch back any further. He grabbed my arm, and pulled me up from the ground, then cut off the ties on my hands. I Screamed and thrashed desperate to get away from him, as my dad shouted in horror.
Before I could do anything about it, the man had picked me up off my feet. He slung me over his shoulder.
It all happened so quickly, my dad stood up lunged at him. Effortlessly, the man pulled the trigger of his gun with one hand. I gasped, the air being struck from my lungs. My dad's body fell, and other people in the room screamed.
"NO!" I screamed, clawing at the mans back as he walked me further and further away. I cried so hard my cheeks started to burn.
"How could you!" I pounded my fists into him, trying with every effort to push off of him.
"Shhh, if you keep struggling like that I'll knock you out, doll." His voice sounded so satisfied and smooth, like he had fun murdering my dad.
I stopped struggling, not wanting to be knocked out.
"Please let me go." I resorted to pleading. My chest burned with heartbreak. I yelped as he flipped me down into his arms bridal style. I clung onto the back of his neck to keep from falling. I could feel the gun he had just used to kill my dad rested against my leg as he carried me out.
He looked down at me, cocking his head to side and pouting mockingly. I looked away, crying harder.
He ignored me, coming to a stop at a black Range Rover.
I sobbed, feeling the gravity of the situation.
the door opened, and he put me down in one of the chairs. My attempt of getting up and out the truck failed very miserably, as he buckled my seat belt and connected a handcuff to my wrist, and the car door.
He smirked and patted my cheek.
"Wrong place, wrong time." He said just before he shut the door.
I hiccuped tears as 3 more boys got into the car, 2 in the front seats and 1 in the far rear seats. The door across from me opened and the man bounced into the car.
He smirked at me.
"Drive."
The car swerved to speed. I squeezed the arm rest hard, terror consuming my body. I had never been so horribly scared and emotionally hurt in my whole life.
"This is so nice, boys, we have such wonderful company!" He leaned on his arm rest with both hands, getting close to my face.
He smiled the same way he had done before.
"Smile a little doll face." I screamed as he grabbed my face in one hand, squeezing my cheeks together. He tilted my head left and right, examining me.
I whimpered, his hand digging into my cheek bones.
"God this is going to be so fun!" He laughed gleefully, letting go of my face and patting my cheek.
I sniffled, my body shaking. This man could do anything he wanted with me and I couldn't do anything about it. My eyes squeezed shut, as I banged my head once against the head rest.
"What's your name?" He asked.
I didn't look at him.
"H-Hailey." I spoke quietly.
I suddenly felt his fist grab my shirt, yanking me in his face.
I screamed slightly, his eyes filled with this sudden rage that came out of nowhere.
"If you lie to me I'll stop this car and rip you apart limb from limb." He growled.
I whimpered, shaking my head rapidly.
"No, no, it's my name, Hailey Anne Tassiana please please don't hurt me I swear it's my name." I shut my eyes, hoping he would let me go.
I heard him laugh again. I sucked in a breath as he let go of me.
"Well then in that case, nice to meet you Hailey Anne Tassiana." He stuck out his hand for me to shake it.
It finally came to me that this man was clinically insane.
I stared at him with horror and confusion.
The last thing I wanted to do was piss him off, so I reached out my wavering hand, and shook his. He smiled in satisfactory.
I wanted to ask his name. I wanted to know everything I could so I could run away and tell the police and make him pay for murdering my dad. I covered my mouth so my sobs were muffled.
He continued to stare at me, like he was contemplating something.
"You better get comfy doll face, it's gonna be a long ride." He smiled, darting his head behind me.
Before I could even turn around to see what he was looking at, My head was slammed against the head rest, a wet rag pressed against my face. I clawed at the hands holding down my face from behind me, thrashing desperately.
My eyes crossed as my eyelids got very heavy. I couldn't feel my hands touching anything anymore.
My back sunk into the chair, my strength fading fast.
I realized all I could do was close my eyes and pray that I would be okay.