Chapter 26: Pegasus

Hello everybody! Sorry I haven't been regularly updating, I've been swamped with Finals and stuff. But finally found a moment to write. I Made this chapter extra long, to make up for the wait. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

"James..."

No response.

"JAMES!"

I could feel myself begin to internally lose my shit as I manually pumped his heart with the CPR training I'd previously learnt back on Earth.

I frantically looked around, eyes falling on Malorn, who Edward was having a hard time healing as well judging by the look on his face. The pumping was doing nothing, his heart wasn't beating, and by the looks of it, Malorn was about to join him.

I fell back on the floor, feeling more helpless than ever, as I palmed the entirety of my face in my hands, shaking uncontrollably; flashbacks of Andrea's face surfacing, as I felt the world drop out from beneath me. I could feel Xena's small hands hugging me, from the side, trying to bring me some comfort. When I shook my head, pulling back.

No.

I am not losing someone else I care about. Not again. I looked around, determination crawling into my expression, when my eyes caught Artorius' unconscious form. That gives me an idea.

I nodded, before standing up and conjuring all of my strength once more, except this time, I let my determination fuel me, I let my fear of losing someone else I love fuel me, I let every single tribulation I had to endure fuel me, I let the irrevocable amount of love I have for all of the people unconscious fuel me. I could practically feel myself glowing with the amount of magic I was funneling out from inside of me, so much so that if I let it overtake me, I could implode. Edward's voice rung out in slight worry.

"Emily...?"

I sunk into the feeling of strength, letting it consume every fiber of my being, before opening my eyes.

"Monoseros Pegasos!"

A blinding light emerged from within me, causing the entirety of the room to turn white, as a snow colored Pegasus/unicorn hybrid creature appeared from nowhere, galloping towards the middle of the room and bowing its horn in the unconscious bodies' direction, overtaking them with a rainbow colored light, simultaneously.

A few seconds later the majestic creature and the bright light disappeared. Leaving behind a bunch of very confused wizards.

A group of groans were audible from around me and I turned to see two of the three unconscious men, having regained consciousness. James rubbed his head.

"What...happened?"

I could feel myself collapse to the floor in relief.

"James!"

I threw myself onto him, feeling so thankful that he was alright in that moment, hugging him so tightly I was worried he couldn't breathe for a second, before he hugged me back, smoothing my hair back with his right hand.

"By Bartleby, you're shaking."

He rubbed my back soothingly, tightening his arms around me. A muted sob escaped my mouth, to which James pulled back, getting a better look at my face, wiping away some tears I didn't realize had fallen, cupping my face. "Woah...I'm alright, Love." he pulled me back into his embrace, letting me bury my face on his solid muscular chest, rubbing my back in slow circles again, grounding me. "I'm alright."

I shook my head, calming down somewhat. Malorn's voice rung out from behind us, snapping me out of my fear.

"Did she...?" he trailed off as I pulled away to look at the room around me, realizing that Malorn – who was very much alive and well, thanks to my spell – was standing over Artorius, who was still unconscious but alive. Malorn's face was painted in a bewildered yet unbelieving expression. "F-Father...?!"