It was almost seven in the evening and the sky was already dark. She was used to going home at this time because of after-school activities, but sometimes she skipped those and just headed home when she felt like it was going to be too dark to walk alone. She wasn't scared—just avoiding trouble.

Hyerin ran a hand through her long straight locks, her mind drifting off to that incident with the man earlier. It was the only thing she could think about the whole day as if he was purposely corrupting her mind, itching for her to find out who he was and most importantly, what he wanted from her.

A cold rush of wind snapped her out of her thoughts, making her more aware of her surroundings. She noticed that she had walked far and was nearing the almost deserted part of the streets.

Moving on, Hyerin wrapped her blazer securely around her, looking down on her feet as she tried to block out the cool, strong breeze that would result to having a cold later on. She should have brought a jacket with her.

She didn't know if it was just her mind playing tricks on her, but the walk felt so much longer, the air heavier. Hyerin's senses sharpened as she carefully scanned her surroundings.

At that exact moment, a motorcycle drove through the street beside the sidewalk she was walking on. Her head snapped up as it zoomed past her in full speed. It disappeared when it made a turn at the end of the block.

Hyerin frowned. There were few cars and even fewer motorcycles that passed this route as it was too narrow and dark.

She walked faster, not wanting to deal with anything unwanted when all of a sudden, the sound of an engine roaring to life resounded a few feet behind her, coming closer to where she was walking. Hyerin whipped around and saw that the black motorcycle was back, zooming not towards the block but towards her.

Her instinct was to run so she did, but there was really no point since the driver got a hold of her before she could even start sprinting. It was a man, she knew, and with a horrifying realization, the one who was stalking her this morning.

Now locked under his arm, she was dragged beside the motorcycle, the heels of her shoes harshly grating against the cemented ground as the driver attempted to put her in front of him on the seat. She struggled, but the man's hold only became firmer. Without hesitation, she bit his forearm and slammed the back of her head hard against his head. The driver immediately released her and she took this as an opportunity to escape.

Hyerin rolled on the rough pavement but quickly got up, adrenaline rushing intensely through her veins. She watched the motorcycle drive further away as the man did a back flip from the bike, landing right in front of her.

She didn't wait any longer and landed a punch on his face. He stumbled a little, but then got his stance back once again and attacked by returning the punch. It hit her right cheek, making her hiss in pain. He took this as an advantage and grabbed her by the shoulders, pushing her against the brick wall so hard that every muscle in her body felt like it broke.

She struggled and kneed him in his groin hard, making him back away in pain. When he had his back to the post lamp, she did a roundhouse kick, successfully sending him flying couple of feet away from her. Hyerin launched herself at him and pinned him to the ground.

She threw another punch. The man was about to grab the front of her shirt when she successfully blocked his hand with her forearm. She took his arms and pinned it above his head with one hand.

"Who the hell are you!?" she demanded.

When he didn't answer and kept on struggling, she threw a fist across his cheek and took off his glasses.