07

Hours pass and its about 3 pm. Jiang Cheng is widely awake but he's much better than earlier, now.

"You're awake, do you want me to help you fix your self?" Lan Xichen uttered as he entered the room.

"Who give you the right to enter my room?" Jiang Cheng replied a question. "Do I have to ask for permission my wife?" Lan Xichen teased and chuckle when Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes.

"Let me help you fix your hair" Lan Xichen then took the brush and started brushing Jiang Cheng's hair gently. "You have a nice hair" Lan Xichen commented and look at Jiang Cheng's expression in the mirror.

"Just braid my hair quickly" Jiang Cheng irretatedly replied. Lan Xichen do what he is asked to and minutes after, it was done.

"Extremely beautiful" Lan Xichen muttered. "Do I?" Jiang Cheng stood up and face Lan Xichen. "Yes" Lan Xichen answered without looking away. He just stared at Jiang Cheng's eyes with fond.

"Stop fooling me" Jiang Cheng said as he grips Lan Xichen's collar. "Easy, Jiang Cheng..." Lan Xichen tried to calm him but it was too late. Jiang Cheng's face is now darken.

"If you mention that again, I swear, I won't hold myself from striking you with my zidian" Jiang Cheng said with threat. Lan Xichen gulped in fear but something came in his mind. 'Guess I have to do this' He though and held Jiang Cheng's hand as he pull him closer with force. Their lips touches and Jiang Cheng's hand is now in Lan Xichen's neck. 'I want to strangle you right now but my body...' Jiang Cheng said in his mind and slowly closing his eyes to deepen the kiss.

Until they heard a knock on the door. That pisses Jiang Cheng but what pisses him more is that he's so whipped in the kiss. They exited the room and head to the training ground where his disciples are doing their training. He then left after seeing that everyone is doing good at their training.

At Lanling Jin Sect

Jiang Cheng felt someone eyeing him so he excuse himself and go to the near forest.

"I didn't know, you are that observance in your surrounding" Jiang Cheng unsheated his sword and point it to the man who appear in front of him.

"I'm here to give you this" The man hand him a pill box. Jiang Cheng sheated his sword back and took the pill box and open it. "It's not an antidote but it can help you" Just then, the man disappear again.

"It's not an antidote but it can help me? What exactly does he want?" Jiang Cheng closed the pill box again and put it inside his robe. He decided to go back to where he left Lan Xichen and when he got their, he saw Jin Guang Yao greeting Lan Xichen. His blood boiled as he walk upstairs. After getting there he called Lan Xichen.

"You're here" Lan Xichen gladly said and smile. "He truly looks like erge" Jin Guang Yao commented. "Yes he does but he's not yours" Jiang Cheng pull Lan Xichen inside without minding the people looking at them. Jin Guang Yao just smile before getting inside.

"Gentry friends, I called you here because there is a problem in the investigation" Jin Guang Yao started

The sect leaders began to whisper each other or more like gossiping. While Jiang Cheng is so pissed because he notice that Lan Xichen is only paying attention to Jin Guang Yao. 'This feeling is familiar' he thought but he soon ignore it and just asked Jin Guang Yao. "Isn't it sect leader Lan who's the one in charge on it?"

"Sect leader Jiang, didn't you know that he disappear during the investigation?" a random sect leader asked him back and that seems to surprised him. "He disappear during the investigation?" Jiang Cheng uttered. Everyone nodded as an answer but they were more surprised when Jiang Cheng laugh like he won.

He then stop laughing and look at them one by one with a serious face. "I can't tell if he really gone missing. But one thing for sure, it wasn't by accident." He turn his gaze to Jin Guang Yao as he uttered those words.

"I'll do the investigation for the sake of everyone" He added and bowed to them. Without further information, he left, while Lan Xichen followed him closely.

Jiang Cheng was about to speak but he felt dizzy and the next think he know is that he fall to the arms of Lan Xichen. "Jiang Cheng" Lan Xichen worriedly called but Jiang Cheng didn't say anything or answer.

From afar, there is a man standing and watching them. "His body is slowly dying, this will be exciting seeing how this man do if ever Sect Leader Jiang will die" The man said and smile wickedly. His sitting on the branch of the tree. "I give him medicine that can take his pain away temporarily" Another man said and lean his back on the body of the tree. "Why?" the first man asked. "Ge, have you forgotten? We'll just torture him, not kill him" the second man answered. "Whatever you say" The first man replied and came down to sit beside his brother.

~~~~~~~Fast forward

After reaching to the lotus pier, Lan Xichen carried Jiang Cheng to his room and lay him gently to the bed.

"Your fever is amost gone but why is your body so weak?" Lan Xichen uttered before leaving Jiang Cheng to call a doctor.

A doctor came not long after. He check on Jiang Cheng but he didn't see any problem. It's just, his pulse is so weak. After checking on him, he look at Lan Xichen. "Sect leader's pulse is weak so I suggest to let him rest for few days, I'll excuse myself now" The doctor left after short information.

"I won't let you investigate, I'll just send them a message that you're not well" Lan Xichen was about to go when felt a hand holding his wrist tightly. "Don't" The only words came out from Jiang Cheng's mouth before he go back to sleep again but he's still holding Lan Xichen's wrist tightly.

"Alright, I won't go" Lan Xichen gently said and smile before sitting on the side of Jiang Cheng's bed. "Sleep well" He whispered as he kissed Jiang Cheng's forehead.