06

Jiang Cheng's pov

We're eating now in the garden when a disciple came to report. "Sect leader Jiang" He greeted and bowed. "What is it?" I lazily asked

"Sect Leader Jin send an invitation for his upcoming wedding" I laugh fakely and took the invitation later.

"No wonder sect leader Lan came to bother me last week" I uttered and with a fake smile on my face, I tear apart the letter and give it back to my disciple.

"I'll come...I want to see that bastard's reaction" I whispered the last sentence after the words I'll come.

I gestured my disciple to leave before I continue my eating. "You should not fake your smiles" Lan Xichen suddenly said that makes me stopped for a second.

I cough and look at him "My smiles is quite expensive" I said

"You'll smile to me soon, I don't need to earn money to buy it" He wiggle his brows so I just rolled my eyes as a respond.

He chuckled as he continue eating his dinner. After we finished eating dinner, I go back to the swords hall and continue my work. And here he is, I'm glad that he didn't bother me anymore. Well, he's reading about the Story of the white snake that he saw on the book shelf.

"Jiang Cheng, have you already read this?" He asked without even looking at me. Pretty much, he's cute. No I mean he's not. "Hmm why?" I asked back. "This is the first time I've read this kind of ancient story" He answered and smiled brightly. As bright as the moon shining.

'Since when did I become a sweet talker?'

"What do you usually read?" I curiously asked but still keep up my stern tone. "Science books, history and all about math books" He answered that I don't even know what are those.

"Ahh well it's just a books we usually read in modern world" He added, maybe he noticed me got confused.

I sit beside him, not thinking about the small space between us. "This is the first story that a-jie write when she was still alive." I uttered and smiled in pain as I lowered my head.

"She died in my own hands. Someone tried to stab Wei Wuxian but she saved him even she's so weak" I added

"I'm sure she is already happy seeing you fine" He replied and pull me in his embrace. "She just did what she think is good and you still have her in modern world." He calmly said as he rubbed my back.

I don't know, but I felt safe in his embrace, though my heart is aching. I cried in his chest. I'm so glad I have someone to cry on and someone who will comfort me when I feel down.

"I also lost my parents at the young age. I only have my uncle and brother and now I also have you though you haven't said you love me too yet" Even if I am not staring at him, I can feel that he is smiling. A very sincere smile.

Authors Pov

Because of too much crying, Jiang Cheng feel asleep so Lan Xichen carried him in a bridal style. He slowly lay Jiang Cheng on the bed and put the blanket on. He then head to his room.

"Tomorrow should be a good day to him. It hurts seeing him cry like that" Lan Xichen said and smile as he admire the moon above the Yunmeng lake. It shines so bright.

"Jiang Cheng...I'll wait for you until you finally love me back. I know that day will come and it will be worth it to wait because it's you. You are worth it to have, to love and to care for." Lan Xichen uttered and smile for the last time before going to bed.

Morning comes and Jiang Cheng is burning in fever. Lan Xichen came to
wake him up but he was surprised when he touch Jiang Cheng. He immediately took a bowl of warm water and a towel.