Chapter 5

"Lillian, we need to talk" Larsen called me over to his desk once the bell rang.

The sound of his saying my
whole name and not my nick name made me turn red.

"Give me a second." he told me

He started walking towards the door. I noticed that he locked it and shut the blinds on the door

As he started walking back to his desk he gave me a look of disappointment.

"Look sweetie, you're an awesome student so far, and I'd love to get to know you better.
I understand you having a crush on your teacher. It's happened to me many times when I was your age." he giggles at the memory.

"But...?" I say anticipating what he's about to say.

"I'm 25, you're 16, there's a 9 year difference that could cause my job, and my marriage."

Oh yea. He's a married man.

"Look if you ever need to talk..."

I interrupt him.

"I know. I'm sorry Larsen. Like I told you before, I guess I just need a spark in my life. What I said earlier was inappropriate and uncalled for."

I start to get up.

"Wait lily!" He calls me back.

"Why do you have next period?" He asks.

"They messed up my schedule. Right now I don't have a class and I need to talk to someone about it."

"How about you stay in here this period. I don't have a class either. This is my conference period. You can help me grade papers, maybe we could get to know each other better. This would be perfect bonding time."

I didn't have to think twice before I said yes.

"Great! Would you do me a favor and get the papers from 1st period and help me grade them?"

I grab the papers and he hands me a key to grade with. Then we started talking.

"So what do you like to do with your free time?" He asked me.

"I like to listen to music, read, play video games."

"Oh cool what kind?" His tone was way happier than I thought it would be when I said that.

"Call of Duty, GTA, The Last of Us. I'm into very hardcore games." I giggle.

"That's so cool! You should add me!" He says as he writes down his PSN name and hands it to me.

"Haha online friends with my teacher, that's interesting." I giggle.

" to be honest, I don't know if I'll even have to time to play anymore." I remember my new job.

"Why not?" He smirks at me.

He's on to something.

"Well I got hired at..."

"At the arcade." he winks.

"Do you know Ted?" I'm so confused at the moment.

"Ted is my best friend! He told me he was having trouble deciding and I told him to pick you, just because you're my student." He smiled at me.

"Wow, thanks Mr.Larsen!" I say smiling back.

"Don't ever say I never did nothing for you." He laughs.

We continue on grading the papers, I can tell I'm going to like him a lot more than I already do.