After school.

Y/ns pov

I was walking out to Jackson's car with Jackson but a certain someone was leaning on it and checking her lipstick in his mirror.

Can you guess who it was?

If you guessed chlamydia Carol, then you were right.

(Btw Jackson's car is a 1965 mustang convertible)

(This one^)

"Oh no, not her again." Jackson groaned.

"Why's she so obsessed with you all of a sudden?" I asked.

"No idea." Jackson replied.

Carol started to turn around but Jackson grabbed my hand and pulled me behind a bench.

"She almost saw us." He said, peaking out slightly.

"So I'm guessing you don't want to talk to her." I said while slightly chuckling.

"Are you kidding me?!? I don't want anything to do with her!" Jackson whisper shouted.

Carol was really leaning on Jackson's car now and he slightly flinched when she draped her arm over it.

She must have gotten way too close for comfort because Jackson stood up from our hiding spot, his hand still firmly in mine, and marched over to Carol.

"Hey, Chla- I mean Carol. Uh, why are you at my car?" Jackson asked, trying not to sound rude but failing miserably.

"Oh! I was just waiting for you." She replied innocently.

"And why's that?" Jackson asked.

"Well, I need a ride home and I was wondering- why's SHE here?" Carol cut herself off, jabbing one long manicured finger at me.

"Because SHES my best friend and we have plans." Jackson said, slinging an arm over my shoulders.

"But she's ugly girl." Carol smirked like she had just said something genius.

"Yes, and you're chlamydia Carol!" I rolled my eyes as she scoffed.

"Carol, y/n's not a mirror." Jackson replied to her 'ugly girl' comment.

"Hmph!" Carol said and walked away, as if she were some Disney princess.

"God, she annoys me." Jackson said as we got into his car.

"Tell me about it." I said, and we both laughed.

"Oh and sorry about the best friend-thing. I know we just met and I'm totally okay if we're not best friends yet-" Jackson started.

"It's fine, I'd love to be your best friend!" I said.

Jackson smiled.

Little did you both know that you felt more than friendship towards each other.

(Cliché, I know)

Word count:327