0.1 - luke

0.1 - luke (ivona)

Luke sighs as Liz leaves his small room, wrapping the room in a veil of darkness once she shuts the doors and the light from the hallway disappears. He was never the one to be afraid of darkness, he likes to think he's brave. Or, as brave as he can be for a 5 year old.

His wrist is itching and he knows what it means, making him feel a mixture of excitement and fear. He really wants to know, wants to find out who is it, who's supposed to be his other half. Yet, he's still kind of afraid because what if he's just imagining it? What if his skin is tingling due to the friction his soft skin is making with his space themed sheets?

He told Liz, his mum, about it and she assured him that now was the time and it had to real because last week a big, purple bruise appeared on his knee and he didn't cause it for sure. She told him to be ready for the ink to appear on his small, bony wrist. Truth be told, she was just as intrigued to what will appear as Luke was.

It's just that Liz was happy; she was awaiting the result while Luke was still trapped in thoughts of it possibly not happening. His braveness didn't cover this area. 

The lanky boy lets his ocean blue eyes close with his eyelids heavy as he thinks about what will happen next. His right hand reflexively grabs ahold of his left wrist once it flinches again. As he shifts one last time in bed, he thinks that he's ready, ready to wake up tomorrow with some kind of knowledge about who his soulmate is.

With the moonlight outlining his silhouette in the otherwise black room, he feels himself drifting off to sleep and sometimes, when he's already fast asleep and unmoving, his wrist stops itching as a small, black M ends up printed on the same spot instead.