01

Nick

Why does it have to rain so much? I shuddered from the cold drops of water that were landing on my uncovered arms and face. Ellie was at my side, she offered me her pink over coat, to cover up with. I'd rather not have people think I'm gay or something.

"You'll freeze, just take it!" She insisted. Her light brown hair soaked and sticking to her face. "It's only twenty minutes away." I said in defence. She gasped at me, "only!? Do you have any sense of time?"

"Do you have any sense of fashion?" I sassed back at her. She pouted at me but didn't reply.

Several bone chilling minutes later we arrived at my house. "Okay where's your computer? Mr. Miller will kill us if this paper isn't done by tomorrow. We've already had two extensions." I pointed down the hall to my dad's office. He was off on a business trip. My mom was fine with Ellie and I using his computer.

Ellie opened up the browser and started doing research. The paper was originally due two weeks ago, but Ellie and I always got distracted when we tried to work. We are kind of YouTube addicts...

There was a harsh knocking sound at the door, "Nicky? Is that you? Do you and your friend need snacks or anything?"

"Oh my god!" I groaned. Ellie chuckled, "No thank you Mrs. Laws!"

"Alright, I'm right outside if you do."

"Mo-om!" I heard her laugh to herself as she walked away. Ellie was giggling at me.

"Nick! Have you ever heard of Matthew Lush?" She burst out suddenly. "Um no, who is it? Is that like your secret lover?"

"Ha no, I wish." She blushed, "He's just the greatest Youtuber ever! Here watch this!" She clicked on a video and turned up the volume on the computer.

What happened next surprised me. I felt just mad as I watched it. For some reason I felt the urge to go and tackle the Matthew boy in a hug. He was so cute as he talked about random things in his vlog. I liked his sense of humor. "Does he have a girlfriend or anything?" I asked Ellie. She sighed, "he's extremely gay or else I'd be his girlfriend, sorry not sorry."

"Don't say that." I laughed, "it makes you sound mean." She rolled her eyes, "I am mean, the perks of being in the thug life!" I shoved her slightly and she fell on the floor with a thud "You're not a thug, Ellie."

"Imma beat you up for that, punk!" She snarled in a playful low voice.

***

We had spent the whole night watching Matthew Lush's vlogs and pretending to be preppy and mean. Ellie was surprisingly really good at it. I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous of Matthew. I don't know if it was because he was good looking, or maybe he just seemed popular. Whatever it was, I wanted that one thing.

"What time is it!?" Ellie gushed, "oh my gosh, I am going to break curfew! Can you drive me back?"

"Yeah. Let me see if Mom will give me the keys"

Ellie thanked my mom as she handed them to me. "How did the paper go?" She wondered. "Oh um, well..." Ellie began. I coughed, "alright, Ellie really has to leave now." Mom shook her head at us. "Be safe you two."

***

"THIS ONE'S FOR THEM HOOD GIRLS, THEM GOOD GIRLS, STRAIGHT MAS-" Ellie began shouting the lyrics to Uptown Funk. (A/N this song is stuck in my head, help! XD)

"I hate this song." I said bitterly, changing the station to some talk show. I rounded the car up her drive and she nearly ran to the door. Luckily she made it in time so her parents wouldn't ground her. Ellie's parents are strict. Well her mom is. Her dad left when she was two.

For some reason I was in a bitter mood. Maybe the paper was stressing me out? I don't know. Maybe it was that stupidly good looking gay kid on YouTube, what was his name?

Oh right, Matthew Lush. I'm not gay though! He had amazing cheeks, and eyes, and he's funny, what is happening to me? I'm straight! Driving straight into a pole! I swerved the car off to the side of the road and pulled over. That was close, good thing I didn't scratch the car. I don't think I'd see the sunlight again if I did. It would all be Matthew's fault if I did...

Okay, maybe I am gay. And the universe hates me...

VOTE AND COMMENT