Eight

"I suppose you've been re united with our family" Klaus said sighing before closing the coffin which held Elijah in. "Put him with the others" Klaus commanded his two 'henchmen' "we're leaving town tonight" Klaus said as he began to walk away.

"So, did Katerina make it in time?" Klaus asked standing in front of him as Lori stood playing on a phone Klaus had snatched for her, to say she was amazed with technology today was an understatement. "You won't be seeing her again you know?" Stefan said looking up from his phone, "because she's on vervain?  i've been around for a long time Stefan i rarely get played for a fool" Klaus said calmly.

"Besides she won't get far, you'll help me see to that" Klaus said with a satisfied smirk on his face. Stefan walked forward, "what is it you really want from me?" he asked. "All will be explained in time once we leave this tragic town" Klaus said patting Stefan's shoulder. "Then are we done here? Can we go" Stefan asked, "not quite i have a surprise for you" Klaus said before turning around.

"Cmon sweetheart, don't be afraid" he called, out walked a brunette. "See i wanna make sure you honor our deal" Klaus began as she pushed the girls hair out of the way. "That you'll be of use to me" he paused taking a bite of her neck, "i could have compelled her to behave, but a real ripped enjoys the hunt" Klaus said before letting the girl go. On instinct she ran screaming, though she didn't get far because Stefan sped in front of her drinking from her then killing her.

"Now we can go" Klaus said as he appeared with Lori on his arm, Lori gave him a smirk watching in amusement.

~~~

"Ray? Ray Sutton?" Klaus said appearing next to the man, "who wants to know?" the man in flannel said. Lori appeared next to Klaus with a soft smile on her face. "We've been looking everywhere for you" Lori said, "we started in Florida" Klaus began. "Pensacola" Lori listed, "i met a young chap there who you worked with, before you moved to Memphis. Now he directed me to two lovely young women, and they led me here" Klaus finished as his eyes scanned the place.

"I think i'll be going" Ray said as he tried to walk past Klaus, Klaus grabbed his shirt pulling him back "not so fast, mate you only just got here. Now your type are very hard to come by" Klaus said looking down at the man. Ray once again tried to walk away but was interrupted by Stefan, "yeah i wouldn't do that" he said pushing Ray back.

"Vampires" Ray muttered as he stumbled back, "you're swifty swift Ray" he paused leaning behind Ray and taking his beer bottle. "Yes, my friend here is a vampire, that young lady over there is a witch, but me i'm something else" Klaus trailed off. "A different kind of monster, i've got some vampire, i've got some wolf-" he was quickly cut off by Ray "a what?" he asked shocked.

"A hybrid Ray, i'm both" he said in a duh tone, "you see i want to create more of me. Now you being the first werewolf i've come across in many a moon, pun intended Ray" Klaus explained. He gave a short laugh "i need you to direct me to your pack, so...where can i find them Ray" Klaus asked. Lori managed her time by slipping behind the counter and getting multiple drinks.

"You can't compel me it won't work" Ray said making Stefan scratch his head. Stefan turned to where Lori was standing behind the bar, "i need a scotch on the rocks please" he asked. Lori brought her two fingers from her left hand up to the side of her forehead gesturing an 'aye-aye' before getting to work on the drink.

"We're going to play a little drinking game" Stefan said pulling out a small leather bag, "something i like to call truth or wolfsbane" he said dumping some wolfsbane on his hand. "Oh this is going to be fun, Ray" Lori said as she slid Stefan the drink with a small smirk.

~~~

Ray stood tied up as he kept struggling against his restraints, "the more you fight it the more it's going to hurt" Lori called as she sat on top of the table where Stefan was stirring a dart into wolfsbane. Stefan slowly walked forward before throwing the dart landing it on Rays neck, he began to pull and grunt from the pain.

"We can end this right now, Ray. Just tell me where your pick gathers for the full moon" Stefan says ripping the dark from his neck, "i can't" Ray breathed out panting. "I know, i know you live by a code and all that, but see he's not going to let me stop until you tell me and i do whatever he says. That's the way it goes around here" Stefan said. Lori's view was blocked by some girl "hello Mr. Klaus, i have some information for you" she spoke in a soft voice.

Stefan turned his head, walking only a step closer using his vampire hearing to listen in, "...saw that guy's brother Damon at the farmhouse" she said. "Well thank you Claudine, you just tell your friends to keep up the good work with the neighborhood watch, huh?" Klaus said with his signature smirk on his face, Claudine didn't respond as she turned walking away. "Damon to the rescue, that's a new one" Lori said tilting her head as she eyed the werwolf tied to the dart board.

"My brother's still on our trail?" Stefan asked, "he's getting closer-" Lori cut him off. "Good, let him i'll personally deal with him" Lori said jumping off the table standing next to Klaus. "We're going to have to deal with him" Klaus said as he lazily threw his hand over Lori's shoulders. Klaus tried to walk past Stefan but was stopped, "no, no, no. Let me handle it" Stefan reasoned.

Lori scoffed as her and Klaus turned to look at Stefan, "why should i let you leave?" Klaus asked. "Because you know i'll come back" Stefan said, "do i?" Klaus asked. "You saved my brothers life, i'm in your service" Stefan said bravely, Lori let out a small laugh. "Oh, that almost sounds so tedious and indentured, aren't you even having the least bit of fun?" Klaus said gesturing to Ray.

"I'll make sure that my brother doesn't bother us anymore" Stefan said before walking past Klaus. Lori laugh once Stefan exited the bar and was far enough he couldn't hear, "what's got you all giggly?" Klaus asked amused. Lori lifted up a small dark blue crystal that was about the size of her finger, "i have two of these, i slipped the other one into his pocket even if he gets rid of him i can still track him" Lori said holding up the crystal.

Klaus smirked before walking to the bar picking up a bottle to pour him and Lori a drink.

AUTHORS NOTE

Okay i know there's a lot before Kol even comes into the story but i swear it'll be good.