Chapter 1: Nuvema Town & Meeting Crystal

On this day, September 18, 2010, I became old enough to become a Pokémon Trainer! I live in Nuvema Town with my mother and my 14-year-old sister, Hilda.

I was a tall, thin boy. I had medium-length, messy golden blonde hair and green eyes. I wore a black T-shirt underneath a sky blue jacket that had a sea blue neck and cuffs and a white zip with grey, slightly baggy pants tightened by a black belt with a silver metal buckle. I also wore a scarlet red cap that had a black Poké Ball logo, a scarlet red pair of shoes with black panels and white soles, and on my left wrist, I wore a blue Xtransceiver. I carried a black and blue messenger bag with a large white Poké Ball in the center.

Hilda is a tall, slender girl with long dark brown hair and blue eyes. Her hat is white and pink with a picture of a pink Poké Ball on it. Hilda wears a white tank shirt that reaches her waist underneath a black waistcoat and a pair of denim shorts with white tear details on them. She wears black wristbands with a small pink stripe on both of them and matching black ankle boots with pink laces and soles, and a pair of black socks underneath. Hilda also carries a pink messenger bag around.

After packing our bags with supplies, Hilda and I were waiting at the front door. "Have fun, you two!" Mom said, hugging us.

"Thanks, Mother." I said, hugging mom back.

"Let's go, Michael." Hilda said, walking out the front door. 

I follow Hilda and close the door behind me. Then, we walked to Professor Juniper's Pokémon Lab to choose our first Pokémon.

"Oh! Michael! Hilda!" Professor Juniper greeted us. "I've been expecting you two!"

"You have?" I asked the Professor.

"Yes!" Professor Juniper said. "I have three Pokémon for you to choose from!"

Professor Juniper leads us to a table with three Poké Balls. They each contained these Pokémon: Snivy, the Grass Snake Pokémon, Tepig, the Fire Pig Pokémon, and Oshawott, the Sea Otter Pokémon. I thought about it carefully. "Hmmm. I'll choose... Oshawott!" I said, picking up Oshawott's Poké Ball.

"I'll choose... Tepig!" Hilda said, picking up Tepig's Poké Ball.

"Excellent choices!" Professor Juniper complimented us, handing us a grey tablet that had a Poké Ball pattern on it. "I also have these PokéDexes for both of you. I want you two to meet lots and different kinds of Pokémon all over the Unova Region!"

"Wow!" Hilda said, amazed.

"Thanks a lot, Professor!" I thanked Professor Juniper. My goal was to battle tough Pokémon Trainers, get stronger, and develop strong bonds with my Pokémon.

"Let's go, Sis." I tell Hilda, walking out the door to the lab.

"Coming, Big brother!" Hilda said, following behind me.

After we left the Pokémon Lab, we heard rustling in the bushes next to the Lab. We went to investigate until a mammalian, quadrupedal Pokémon with primarily brown fur popped its head out of the bush. I was startled and fell down. "Hello." The Pokémon greeted us. "I'm Crystal."

"Hm. I've never seen that Pokémon before." I said, pulling my PokéDex, analyzing Crystal.

"Eevee, the Evolution Pokémon. Depending on circumstances, Eevee can evolve into many forms." My PokéDex tells me.

"Wow!" Hilda exclaimed. "An Eevee!"

"Nice to meet you, Crystal." I said, offering a fist bump. "I'm Michael. This is my sister, Hilda."

"Nice to meet you both!" Crystal said, accepting my fist bump.

"So, Crystal?" I asked her.

"Yes, Michael?" Crystal answered.

"Do you have a family?" I asked.

"I do!" Crystal answered. "I have my parents, my Uncle Ralph, an older brother and a younger brother!"

"Cool!" Hilda exclaimed.

"Do you know where they are?" I asked Crystal.

"My family lives in that house over there." Crystal said, pointing at the house next to me and Hilda's house. "But, there's something I need to do first."

"What is it?" I asked her. "We can help you."

"I want to evolve into a Vaporeon." Crystal said.

"Vaporeon?" I asked. "What's that?"

"A Vaporeon is a Water Type Pokémon that an Eevee like me can evolve into." Crystal told me.

"We can help you." Hilda said.

"You will?" Crystal asked us.

"Yes." I answered. "We love helping others."

Then, I notice a sparkle coming from the dirt next to the bush. "What's that, Michael?" Hilda asked me.

I dig in the spot until I dig up a blue stone with a pool of water in the center. "I think it's a Water Stone." I said, showing Hilda and Crystal the stone.

"Wow!" Hilda exclaimed.

"Vaporeons evolve from Eevees that touch a Water Stone!" Crystal exclaimed. "Michael, I'm ready to evolve."

"Are you sure?" I asked her.

"Yes." Crystal replied.

"Okay." I said, using the Water Stone on Crystal. Then, Crystal started evolving! She started glowing and changing appearance! When she was done, she was now a Pokémon that shares physical traits with both aquatic and land animals. Crystal's body was light blue with a dark blue marking around her head and a spiky ridge down her spine. She had black eyes and a tiny black nose. There was a white fin encircling her neck and three fins with cream-colored webbing on her head. One of those fins was on each side of her head similar to ears and one is directly on top of her head similar in appearance to a dorsal fin. Crystal was a quadruped with three small toes on each foot and dark blue paw pads on the hind feet. It was said that her split tail fin has been mistaken for a mermaid's in the past. She can also detect moisture with her fins, which vibrate when rain will fall soon.

"Vaporeon!" Crystal said after evolving.

"Wow!" Hilda exclaimed as I pulled out my PokéDex and analyzed Crystal's newly evolved form.

"Vaporeon, the Bubble Jet Pokémon. Vaporeon is made up of molecules similar to water, which allows it to melt and vanish." My PokéDex tells me.

"Wow, Crystal." I tell her. "You look very beautiful."

"Thanks, Michael." Crystal said, giggling and blushing. "Michael? Can I ask you something?"

"Yes." I answer.

"Since you helped me evolve..." Crystal began.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Do you want to be my boyfriend?" Crystal asked me.

I blush so hard that my face turns red. "Yes!" I said.

"R-really?" Crystal asked me.

"Yes, because I love you." I answered. Then, Crystal pounces on my chest and licks my cheek and I carry her in my arms.

"Hilda!" I said to my sister. "I got a girlfriend!"

"Congratulations, Michael!" Hilda said, giving me a high five.

"Here, Crystal." I tell her, as I put her on my shoulder. "You can ride on my shoulder."

"Thank you, Hun." Crystal thanks me. "You can call me Kris if you want."

"Okay." I said. "Also, Hilda and I have a starter Pokémon."

"Oh, cute!" Crystal said. "Which ones did you two pick?"

"Well, I picked Oshawott, and Hilda picked Tepig." I answer.

"Cute!" Crystal complimented. "Maybe we can meet them when you two meet my family."

"Okay." Hilda and I said.

After meeting Crystal and helping her evolve, Hilda, Crystal, My Oshawott, Hilda's Tepig and I walked to the front door of Crystal's house.