Seven: i forgot what i named this chapter

lol i hate this chapter so much

tw's:
-abuse & neglect
-i think i mentioned bullying? idk
-lmk if i need to add anything!!

"Izuku, why are you covered in slime?" Inko Midoriya stood at the door of the small apartment, hands on her hips as she glared sharply at her son.

"I- I, uhm," Izuku struggled to string his words together, "W-well, there was a villain attack? A-and I kind of got c-caught up with it?"

He hadn't anticipated his mother being home, she was never normally back when school let out.

Inko shook her head and walked closer "Unbelievable. Did you even think about me? I was worried sick, Izuku! Do you want me to stress over you all the time?" She grabbed his shoulder and pulled him fully into the flat, shutting the door behind them.

"I'm sorry Mama! Kacchan was hurt too, I tried to help him!" He tried to shrug off her hand from his shoulder, but was mostly unsuccessful.

"So you tried to play hero again? What have I told you?! You can't go running around like a little kid anymore. You've got to understand that you can't help anyone, no matter how hard you try."

She was right in Izuku's face, staring into the green eyes that mirrored her own almost perfectly. Her hands rested on the sides of his face, it would be almost caring, if she wasn't holding him in place.

"I know, Mama, I'm sorry." He refused to let himself cry, he'd only done what he thought was necessary for the situation.

At some point they'd started hugging, Inkos arms wrapped around her sons smaller frame.

"Oh I know Izuku, you just worry me so much. I love you, you know that right?"

Izuku knew that mothers were supposed to love their children, and he was positive that she had loved him once. Even after he got diagnosed she'd been nothing but supportive, it wasn't until a few months after Dad left that she started to change. It was gradual, at first, small comments and occasionally forgetting to feed Izuku turned into insults and almost never getting him food. At some point, she'd gotten physical with her attacks, only adding to the hate he received at school.

But beside all that, she always told Izuku how much she loved him. He didn't understand. Is this what love was supposed to feel like?

He wanted to love her, he really did. No one else had ever stuck around. Despite her anger towards his actions, she hadn't left him. She was a constant in his life. Izuku only hoped his mother loved him as much as she said she did.

He grabbed his stuff up from off the floor where it had fell and went towards his room to throw it in. It'd already been battered around earlier that day, throwing it a bit more wouldn't make much difference.

Izuku heard the front door slam, it was likely that Inko had already left to get to the bars early. She seemed to know a lot of people that could give her early access.

Seeing as he had the house to himself, Izuku decided that instead of having a quick shower, he was going to run himself a bath to get all the sludge off.

Less than half an hour later, Izuku was sat with bubbles surrounding him and various shampoos and conditioners on the side of the tub. Inko may not buy many necessities, but bath soaps was something she'd always splashed out on.

The days events had finally caught up to Izuku. With no one around except himself, he had the time to think things through.

The number one hero, All Might, was someone he'd looked up for as long as he could remember. He used to have a decent amount of merch, until his mum sold a majority of it to support her alcohol problem. That's just to say that he didn't have any, but it was a considerable amount less than what he used to have.