Chapter 20:"The car chase".

Start from the beginning

"I don't have clothes so I will just shower and wear the same clothes until I buy new ones". He said kissing her cheeks walking away

She smiles and the smile seems to be permanently on her lips since she opened her eyes. She completed the breakfast when her phone rang and she went to answer it without watching the caller id.

"Why is Awais there?" Akbar's voice boomed through the speaker and her heart stopped

"I-I don't know. I just found him yesterday". She said scared

"I told you to stay away, didn't I?" Akbar said and she can feel her heart ready to explode at any given time

His feet stop when he saw how pale she looks and he walks faster towards her when he heard Akbar voice. He didn't even have to know the full conversation to know what he was saying. He ripped the phone out of her hand and she looks at him shocked and scared which he hated.

"I found my wife, Akbar". He snapped, "And I will kill you if you ever threaten her again".

"You will lose everything". Akbar shouted

"I am intending to". He replied

He ended the call blocking Akbar's number as he brushes his hand through his hair.

"He is just trying to protect you". She said in a low voice, "Maybe you should--"

"No". He shouted startling her, "Stop deciding for me. Stop deciding what I should do and what I shouldn't. I am not a young boy who needs help. I know where I want to be". He said wrapping his hand around her pulling her closer, "This is where I want to be".

"He will take you out from the top tiers". She said scared, "I don't want you to lose all your life because of me".

"I don't care. I will live without all of those things but I can't live without you". He said moving a strand of her hair away

"Why?" She asked as tears brimmed her eyes watching him sacrifice everything he loved for her

"Because I love you. I love you more than words can say. I love you more than anything even my wealth doesn't even stand a chance against you. If I have to leave everything, so be it. I will not leave the one person I love". He said smiling as she cried hugging him

She enters her cafe as greeted her employees walking to the kitchen to work on her mixture for the cake. She has to deliver it by noon so she starts mixing the ingredients.

He stands on the side looking at her busy with the mixture. He can see how peaceful she looks while she works on it. She wasn't even this peaceful when she worked for him. She was always running and stressing but this looks like where she belongs.

"When did you came?" She asked looking at him as a smile appears on her lips instantly and his heart flutter

He shrugged, "A while ago. Just bought a few suits and sent them to your apartment".

He moves towards her looking at the mixture as she pours it into a container.

"Should we move permanently here?" He asked thoughtfully

"I don't feel at home here". She said truthfully as she places the cake in the oven

She still has some chocolate on her fingers as she moves towards him.

"If that what you want". He said nodding, "Teach me to make something. what's your favourite thing to do?"

"Honestly, I love baking. But I love working on different beverages". She said grinning as she thinks about her favourite coffee, "You won't believe it when you drink Matcha green tea".