He did not waste time in admiring his wallpaper like he usually does and called Techno. Techno was the only person he knew to contact in a situation this bad. His father knew whom he was dating and all the details about him. Gulf could not risk Mew's safety now. But what should he do?

Techno picked the call after a couple of rings. But his room's door opened at the same time. Afraid that it might be his father, Gulf hid his phone under the duvets. But it was his stepmother.

"What do you want? Did you not have enough of the drama already?" Gulf asked, annoyed. Naomi sighed and walked towards him, "I've had too much drama in my life. I just want to clear my name and image here." Gulf looked at her confused.

"You think I never paid attention to you. Never acted like a mother. Married your father for money. And more like that, don't you?" she said sadly. Gulf nodded, there was no denying it. Naomi hung her head, "Sorry for being so all these years. I used to be your nanny and after your mother... left, you were only close to me in this household. That was why your father asked me to marry him. I cared for you, so, I agreed. But you started to hate me." Gulf was not looking at her.

"Let me tell you this. Your father has never touched me once. And I don't even want him to. All I wanted after getting married was to take care of you. But you seemed to not be adjusting to me. So, I tried giving you space instead of pushing you. But I think I gave you too much space and time that you now think that I don't care about you," Naomi accepted her mistakes.

Gulf looked at her. She was once the lady he was the closest to, but now he was so displeased to see her. Watching her confess all this, he felt guilty too. He never even tried accepting her as a mother. But Gulf was still insecure, "What are the possibilities that you won't that you aren't planning to steal my inheritance?"

Naomi chuckled at this innocent child, "You are too innocent to be in this family. If I wanted to do anything like that, wouldn't I have a child of my own and make him or her steel it? I don't want that money, it's filthy. All I want is your fait back." Gulf was hesitant. Could things be good between them? He wasn't sure. "But why are you clearing it up only now?" Gulf frowned, totally forgetting about the real problem. Naomi sat beside him, "I never wanted a child other than you. And now I can't stand you in this situation. I know you need someone too. Plus I can't take your father's ways anymore." They both giggled together. Gulf did feel much lighter after clear this matter.

Naomi shifted to sit beside Gulf and pulled him in a hug. Gulf was a little startled but let her. He rested his head on her shoulder as she pats his head. "Can you please call me P'Na like you used to?" Naomi begged. Gulf felt the pain in her words, I really made her into a bad person when she didn't deserve it. He wrapped his arms around her securely, feeling the warmth that he so needed right now. "What if I don't want to, ...mom?" Gulf smiled. He needed a mother right now. And he thankfully had one. Naomi was awestruck by his words, she smiled like crazy and hugged him tighter to show her delight.

Then Gulf suddenly remembered about his phone. He took it from under the duvets to see Techno still on call, yelling something. He brought the phone near his ear.

[THE CALL]

Techno: what happened why did you call?

Gulf: Shit happened. Come to hell tomorrow, I need to talk to you. Face to face, please.

Techno *worried*: Oh okay, I'll be there tomorrow morning. But are we skipping classes tomorrow?

Gulf: I am. Just come here in the morning and attend the other classes.

Techno: Sure. It seems serious.

[CALL END]

"Hell? You mean this house? That's pretty close," Naomi thought. Gulf snuggled closer to his mother, "I think hell would be better than here. At least there all the torture would have a reason, unlike here." Naomi stayed in his room till Gulf fell asleep. She kissed his forehead and switched off the lights before leaving for her room.