2# Immortal ambrosia

Uttara and Abhimanyu

Any person would say ' a match made in heaven '. Both of them felt blessed since the last few days. True to his word , Abhimanyu never broached the outcomes of war. Instead , every day he would fill it with a hundred memories that in a few days , Uttara felt she had lived years together with him. Be it the little gestures of a hug , a walk down the garden , talks together in a swing , little mischievous ways of him in the royal kitchen or stealing a few moments whenever possible to be together. She had seen him smile , laugh , turn away in mock anger and tear - filled eyes in some family moments and she did too along with him.

One day , he had called upon a painter and got a portrait of them made together while musing sweet nothing into ears as he held her close. She loved the idea and the portrait came out more beautiful than both of them thought. His eyes shining in love looking into hers and she with a slight blush on his mischief smile. The artist didn't miss a single detail.

They played together ? She was amused when he skimmed past her childhood dolls. It started as a game on naming the male doll and female doll but they ended up with their own little moments using them. Who knew the prince who was feared for his might , would play with dolls just with ' her ' , only for ' her ? He had voiced that he would get the best of dolls if they had a daughter and she had just blushed to it.

He did overwork but always found time for them. They also had a round about in Matsya since he wanted to shop with her and she obliged. It was a fun one and to her surprise , he never got tired and was excited over everything she would want to get. He chose the jewels for her and she gladly gave the way. She had picked a cute tiny diamond ring stating it to be perfect for ' their ' boy if they had one and he had picked a loving pair of anklets for ' their ' daughter. When she asked about how sure he was , he simply stated they would keep trying until they get one which left her in shy smiles.

Everything was treasured with him however a moment she always held close was a single moment in the morning , when he would fill her hair partition with sindoor gazing into the mirror. Everyday he offered to do it and she loved it.

The last day came before the royal men would leave to Kurukshetra. The entire day was a bustle for both in assembling and segregating things. Towards the evening , Uttara had gone to have a family moment with that of Matsya and Abhimanyu went on his way with his. Finally , all of them same together in a single chamber and it was a moment held precious with few emotional talks followed by a dine.

Uttara left to their chambers as Abhimanyu said he would check over the final things and return soon.

---

Uttara smiled when Abhimanyu entered in. Exhausted , she could see it in his eyes. He smiled moving to her as she stood curious.

" Eyes closed " , he whispered and she did without a word. He took a thin blindfold that was tucked in his hand and tied it around her eyes.